Hide
6 Posts

Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: You reset endurence after encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gerges hana
msg tools
I know the rules are really poorly organized so it may have been missed, but I see a lot of posts on here about keeping damage and stamina tokens on their characters endurance bar room to room.

At the top of pg 19 it states this is all reset after EACH encounter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Campaign play does not reset after encounters so maybe that's what those people are playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SilentSniperx88 wrote:
Campaign play does not reset after encounters so maybe that's what those people are playing?

This only applies if you "dash through" an encounter without clearing the tile.
If you clear a room, your health and stamina resets as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
kenshin272 wrote:
I know the rules are really poorly organized so it may have been missed, but I see a lot of posts on here about keeping damage and stamina tokens on their characters endurance bar room to room.

At the top of pg 19 it states this is all reset after EACH encounter

Really? I haven't seen anyone posting about keeping damage between rooms, everyone seems pretty ok with the fact that you recover everything and the rulebook is pretty clear in stating that fact. There may be a post buried somewhere that I haven't seen, but I wouldn't say there's been a lot of people noticeably under that impression.

The only exception is in campaign mode where you choose to dash through a room you don't want to repeat, in which case the enemies get their first activation then you end the encounter without recovering health/stamina and move to an askacent tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schneider
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'v only played through 3 level one encounters with 4 characters and to me...resting damage and stamina after each room seems to make the game...well very easy.

Maybe I just got lucky on the dice rolls but the most damage I took on one character was 4, the others had 1 or 2 damage so I was able to dump stamina with power full attacks and kill all the enemies in one round of activations (all 4 characters going).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Ewaska
United States
California
flag msg tools
If recovering health/ stamina after every encounter makes the game easy for you, then try what we do and only recover stamina. Unless you have the Heal spell, I don't see any reason to recover health other than resting at the bonfire or flask.

Make the game more realistic in that sense, it adds more suspense and challenge to our game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.