Hide
5 Posts

Wallet Civ in Space!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hippo hippo
msg tools
I read and reread the rules multiple times, but I can't really get a grasp of how exactly this game worksblush The original rules seem less muddled, but are they out of date? This looks like a cool premise though, and I'll surely play it once i get the hang of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry you slipped through the cracks.

What's the problem exactly?

None of the rules are "out of date", I just try to refine the instructions, but obviously not for you...

I find it helps to shuffle and deal out the cards in 3 rows of 3:

[] [] []
[] [] []
[] [] []

Then, discard two cards out of play:

[]
[] [] []
[] [] []

Take the 3 cards to the left into your hand:

[] []
[] []

Then these 4 cards that are left, should all be "space" side up to draw on.

Of the 3 cards in your hand, inspect the instructions, and choose one instruction only from each card, one mining opportunity, one processing facility and one route.

The mining opportunity goes on a blank "space" card, or adds to a pre-existing mining opportunity card.

The processing facility must either be a Z if added to a blank "space" card or may be added to a pre-existing processing facility card if it fits the progression (no skipping steps).

The route is added to any open corner on any of the 4 "space" cards.

Then, you have to score one of the processing facility cards if you have a completed route from a mining opportunity card, specifically PF-R-R-MO.

So, again, what specifically can I try to explain for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Patts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same problem as the OP was...

Quote:

"Space side" meaning the blank back of the cards (i.e. instructions are face down?)

Quote:
The mining opportunity goes on a blank "space" card, or adds to a pre-existing mining opportunity card.

As I follow your instructions here I draw a card which has "@ o () <o> + A" in the centre. Is that supposed to represent an entire system of planets (with a total score of 15pts?) of am I supposed to chose just the first one (the @ symbol) and score that...which is 0, correct?

I placed it on top of one of the face down cards in the play area... was that correct, or should I have removed the face down card beneath it?

Quote:
The processing facility must either be a Z if added to a blank "space" card or may be added to a pre-existing processing facility card if it fits the progression (no skipping steps).

Fortunately I had a card which read "PF: Z or ZH"... which means that I could place it on one of the 4 face down cards in the play area.

I've got no idea if this scores anything or not? In the definition you mention that certain Processing facilities have an a "x0" or "x1.5" attribute - is that a modifier for the final score?

Quote:

What does this mean exactly? Does it mean this? ->

[] []
[] []
[]

I really can't understand the route part. For example, in my play along I've got a card that reads "Route: U MO:o"

So that's an "unsafe route" worth -2pts? What does the "MO:o" part mean?

Quote:
Then, you have to score one of the processing facility cards if you have a completed route from a mining opportunity card, specifically PF-R-R-MO.

Okay, by this point I'm totally confused. I think I've scored 13pts? is that correct?

If that's right, how do I continue the game? Do I use the two cards that were discarded to begin with? What happens when I run out of cards?

None of this is meant to be a critisicsm, I really want to play this game I just can't get my head around it.

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tpatts wrote:
I'm having the same problem as the OP was...

Quote:

"Space side" meaning the blank back of the cards (i.e. instructions are face down?)
Yes.

Tpatts wrote:

Quote:

As I follow your instructions here I draw a card which has "@ o () <o> + A" in the centre. Is that supposed to represent an entire system of planets (with a total score of 15pts?) of am I supposed to chose just the first one (the @ symbol) and score that...which is 0, correct?

the string of @ o () <o> + A represents the scoring of each symbol from zero @ to five A.

Each turn, of the instruction cards you have dealt yourself, you choose one of what you have to place on one "space" card.

A "space" card with any symbols from this string, @ o () <o> + A is a mining opportunity card.

A "space" card with a letter code for a processing plant is not a mining card and can never be a target for the string of @ o () <o> + A.

When you score, you score from one of your "space" cards, whatever symbols are there.

Quote:

I placed it on top of one of the face down cards in the play area... was that correct, or should I have removed the face down card beneath it?

Forgive me, but this line confuses me.

Quote:

Tpatts wrote:

Fortunately I had a card which read "PF: Z or ZH"... which means that I could place it on one of the 4 face down cards in the play area.

I've got no idea if this scores anything or not? In the definition you mention that certain Processing facilities have an a "x0" or "x1.5" attribute - is that a modifier for the final score?

This is specifically answered in the rules here:

2F Cannot Follow Instruction (0, @, X, END): If you cannot draw a PF or MO or Route because cards are full or the cards are against you, then:

A) Score a zero on a PF card (max 4 scores). If you cannot, then,
B) Add Space Dust (@) to a MO card. If you cannot, then,
C) Add a Blocked Route (X) to any card. If you cannot, then,
D Game over!

Tpatts wrote:

Quote:

What does this mean exactly? Does it mean this? ->

[] []
[] []
[]

No. It means that you choose one of the four cards:
[] []
[] []

and place the route symbol in one corner's card.
Everything in this game is writing on cards.

Quote:

I really can't understand the route part. For example, in my play along I've got a card that reads "Route: U MO:o"

So that's an "unsafe route" worth -2pts? What does the "MO:o" part mean?

Each card is a string of instructions. "Route U MO:o" means an unsafe route and a Mining Opportunity of o (small planet). If this is one of your instruction cards you can either play it as a route instruction card or as a mining opportunity instruction card (never as both, always one or the other - if there are more instructions on a card, again, you can only choose one of the instructions)

Tpatts wrote:

Quote:

Okay, by this point I'm totally confused. I think I've scored 13pts? is that correct?

I don't know what you had, but sure, it's a possiblilty.

Tpatts wrote:

If that's right, how do I continue the game? Do I use the two cards that were discarded to begin with? What happens when I run out of cards?

After scoring, gather up all nine cards, shuffle and start a new turn.

As I show in the post above, the easiest way of doing it is to:

lay out all nine cards
[][][]
[][][]
[][][]

discard two out of play this turn

[][]
[][]
[][][]

pick up the three bottom cards as your hand of instruction cards
[][][]

then, without rearranging them, flip or rotate the 4 remaining cards so that they are all "space" side up and orientated so you can read them.
[][]
[][]

Tpatts wrote:

None of this is meant to be a critisicsm, I really want to play this game I just can't get my head around it.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner; could have sworn I was subscribed to my own game!

Here's 8 to go buy yourself a mb or bid in a G4GG auction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, this photo should help people:

2 cards out of play this turn, upper left

3 cards as instructions, upper right

4 cards, "space" side up, arranged in a 2x2 box, below

No scoring opportunity this turn, as a complete route is not there; there are route symbols on the MO cards but not one on the PF card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.