Subject: Adjacent Melee Attack and Zone Controller rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bertram Vogel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I'm completely new to the game and I have a question regarding the usage of the word "adjacent" in regards to moving, attacks, grenades etc.

1. I guess when the rulebook mentions "adjacent" in general it only means the squares directly up, down, left, right and NOT the diagonal adjacent squares. Correct?

2. There is only the exception of Melee Attacks where it is also possible to target Enemies in diagonal adjacent squares. Correct?

3. So for the the "Zone Controller" special ability this means: The penalty to hit applies to all 9 adjacent squares (melee range of 1), but the possibility of a free attack (enemy leaves the square) only applies to the 4 directly adjacent squares. Correct?

Thanks in advance!
Bert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In 1st edition, adjacent meant only the orthogonally adjacent squares (up/down/left/right). However I believe since 1.1 edition it now includes diagonals. But I'll need to recheck that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing with the 1.1 box? If you are playing with 2.0 rules then go to Battlestations: Second Edition to post the question as I think it is about to become a LOT more active....

joey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertram Vogel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, we are playing 1.1. Unfortunately nobody in our gaming group owns the 2.0 version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically - no one owns it yet - but they're about to be mailed out soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They will be mailed out very soon.

Adjacent now includes diagonally adjacent. Although you can't walk into that square, you can affect it with your zone controlling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.