Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Aeon's End» Forums » General

Subject: Noob question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
is the players hand secret? Or you can show it to the group?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a cooperative game. There is no reason to not to share information. We play all of our games open handed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian B
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Whenever I play, we can talk freely about what we have in hand; it's not a secret. But in the interest of avoiding game slow-down from analysis paralysis and alpha-player type input, we don't actually show our cards to each other or lay our hands face up on the table. But there's no rule against it that I'm aware of.

Also, welcome to BGG!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
is the players hand secret? Or you can show it to the group?


This would be up to you and your group. If you have an alpha player, you should keep your hands secret. If you want to optimize your plays, you should not keep your hands secret.

I, though, think you should not play with your hand open, so you can make your own decisions and smoothe gameplay. Just share what you need when you need, so as when you need to discard gems to Pulverizing Ray.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group likes to play with closed hands too. On top of the anti-alpha & AP, I think it also makes us communicate (which we like) and there's always a little bit of something that brings a secondary surprise (oh, you had enough to buy that then? good, good!)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
I see, thanks everybody!

May I add another question? Can you prep a spell whenever you focus a gate, even when it's not your turn? I've seen a video where the enemy ability (during his turn) let the players have 2 free focuses and they prep spells after. Is this legit?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
I see, thanks everybody!

May I add another question? Can you prep a spell whenever you focus a gate, even when it's not your turn? I've seen a video where the enemy ability (during his turn) let the players have 2 free focuses and they prep spells after. Is this legit?


Unless it was on the card text for the enemy ability, there is nothing in the rulebook that allows you to do that. "Prep a spell to a breach" is one of the available actions during a player's main phase.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
I see, thanks everybody!

May I add another question? Can you prep a spell whenever you focus a gate, even when it's not your turn? I've seen a video where the enemy ability (during his turn) let the players have 2 free focuses and they prep spells after. Is this legit?


Nope. You can only prep during your main phase
ATT_Turan wrote:
Unless it was on the card text for the enemy ability

which I don't remember ever seeing on a card.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
this is the part I've mentioned https://youtu.be/o2j47I0TqFQ?t=735
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
this is the part I've mentioned https://youtu.be/o2j47I0TqFQ?t=735


If you activate subtitles for the video you'll notice that it does say Radho was wrong.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Snakethesniper wrote:
this is the part I've mentioned https://youtu.be/o2j47I0TqFQ?t=735


If you activate subtitles for the video you'll notice that it does say Radho was wrong.

Didn't have them on, thanks!
So in that case, I guess he could focus a rift but not prep a spell? So the next player turn they could prep a spell without paying for focusing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook, page 3:

Quote:
Focus Cost: The cost, in aether ( ), to focus the breach. When a
breach is focused, rotate the breach card 90° clockwise. The only
time that spells can be prepped to a closed breach is during the
player’s turn in which that breach was focused.


So there is no way you can prep a spell thanks to an attack, power or minion card that would let you focus a breach.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snake The Sniper
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
From the rulebook, page 3:

Quote:
Focus Cost: The cost, in aether ( ), to focus the breach. When a
breach is focused, rotate the breach card 90° clockwise. The only
time that spells can be prepped to a closed breach is during the
player’s turn in which that breach was focused.


So there is no way you can prep a spell thanks to an attack, power or minion card that would let you focus a breach.

I see, so the "good" part is that that breach will have an inferior cost due to the fact that was focused one time (for free), correct?

Also, can you use it to focus a breach on the last segment, opening it?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snakethesniper wrote:
I see, so the "good" part is that that breach will have an inferior cost due to the fact that was focused one time (for free), correct?"
.

It gives you a free focus, making you closer to opening the breach.

Snakethesniper wrote:
Also, can you use it to focus a breach on the last segment, opening it?


Yes, the last time you focus a breach is when you open it.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.