Popular Tags: [View All]
John Tompkins
United States
Mohnton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I probably am missing the obvious, but I do not understand movement for out of phase time castaways and flying creatures? Could someone explain this to me? I feel pretty stupid for asking this but it's not clicking for me. blush

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Fletcher
United States
Glen Burnie
Maryland
flag msg tools
When a time castaway spawns on an unexplored location, notice that there are no path numbers on that space to indicate which direction to move. So you must use the key at the top right of the game board for movement. Flying creatures also use the key at the top right of the board instead of the path numbers on tiles because they are not restricted by the logs that block paths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tompkins
United States
Mohnton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And they only move one space each in the direction dictated by the Out of Phase key. The rules examples are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
And they only move one space each in the direction dictated by the Out of Phase key. The rules examples are wrong.

How do you know this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the designer...

KevinW wrote:
Creatures and castaways move 1 space.

Flyers ignore blocked paths as well as partial paths. They basically always follow the Flying/Out of Phase movement direction unless that would make them leave the board or enter an unexplored space.

KevinW wrote:
No, they just move 1 space, period. Looks like there was some confusion when they made the diagrams, and I missed it when I did my editing passes. Ugh, something always slips through.

Although, honestly, thinking about it, I doubt it's a deal breaker if you play it as the rulebook says (move until the creature/castaway can't move further), it just takes longer to resolve the extra movement and makes the game a bit harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.