Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love Lord of the Rings: Confrontation. It is one of my favorite games. On the other hand, I am mostly interested in, and play, historical Wargames. I am not sure how many LOTR Confrontation players are also interested in historical conflict games. Perhaps not many. However, on the chance that there are some of you out there, you might be interested in my re-theming of the game.

In this "WWII in the Pacific" re-theme, the Japanese must try to land a troop transport on the US held island of Guadalcanal. This is similar to Frodo trying to get to Mordor to win the game. The US, of course, must stop the Japanese from reaching the island (just as Sauron forces try to stop Frodo).

Here are the playing pieces that are used in this WWII variant:

Map for the US. The game board is similar to this but in Blue color:

If enough of you are interested in this, I can make the effort to place the entire variant (units, cards, Map, and rules) in the File section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

US battle cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.