Popular Tags: [View All]
Boss Beau Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule about communication in the rule book makes little sense to me as if you are free to discuss about specific cards in your hand, you should be allowed to show the cards in your hand to speed things up. I imagine it was put in place to prevent one player from going alpha and telling everyone what to do.

We play with a variant where everyone plays with their hands revealed, but they can't discuss any future move or need. It is the job of the players to recognize where they can potentially set each other up and to look to make the most optimal move for the group rather than just themselves.

However, as communicating is more fun than not communicating; I have enhanced my copy of the game with 5D6 (5 - 6 sided dice). Prior to starting a game, each player given a die and is assigned a number. The first person to go will be assigned 1 and the next person clockwise will be assigned 2 and so on.

The die is initially set to 6 and set on the right side of the top most unique power on their player card.

At the start of another players turn, the other players are allowed to set their die to whatever value they'd like. Thus players are able to draw attention to certain players throughout a game. At the end of the turn, the player clears the die by moving it down to the next unique power and setting it to 6. After the 3rd use, the die is removed for the rest of the game or until the player recovers from being stunned.

Players may not use the die when they are stunned and have flipped their player card over. When they recover from being stunned they may move their die to the bottom most unique power spot and set it to 6. They may do this even if they have already used it 3 times and depleted the use of their die.

The current player may poll the other players about the game state on whether they should do this for this player or this for another. In this instance, the other players may activate their die at this time as well.

Setting/Using the dice to communicate does not count as an action in the game.

Comments made by any of the players about the game can only reflect on things that have happened in the past and should not be made about the current state or future moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.