james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going on a beach/resort vacation with a large group of friends and friends of friends. 80% non gamers, but many have played casual games with me from time to time. I'm expected to bring some games for the crew.
The overall headcount is 19, so i know it will be tough to accommodate that many, and i dont intend to.

Would love recommendations for games you've had success with this kind of mixed group of semi-gamers would be pooling/beaching and drinking.

These are games i'm considering, ideally looking for games that will fit into other game boxes, and perhaps games i've missed.

Definitely:
Avalon
sushi go(someone else will bring)
hanabi
modern art(it's one my favs, and the group likes it too)
spyfall
tichu
slide5
werewolf
codenames

Considering:
good cop bad cop
jungle speed
splendor
new york slice(need to purchase)
coup(i love it, others have not)
bang/bang the dice game
for sale(group loves it, but i'm a little over it)
incan gold
diamonds

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Looks like a good bunch of games already. In the same vein (light and/or social games with not too much material), I would recommend you also Saboteur, Dixit, WINK, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Bohnanza and maybe Concept if you feel the board is not too big.

If you are interested into bringing some games with small boxes but which are a bit more thinky, I would recommend Citadels also. Still light, but a bit more thinky than the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jujulautre wrote:
Looks like a good bunch of games already. In the same vein (light and/or social games with not too much material), I would recommend you also Saboteur, Dixit, WINK, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Bohnanza and maybe Concept if you feel the board is not too big.

If you are interested into bringing some games with small boxes but which are a bit more thinky, I would recommend Citadels also. Still light, but a bit more thinky than the rest.

Thanks Julien,

You're being in kyoto reminded me of Deep Sea Adventure.

I've considered some of your other options, all good ones, but i'm going to look into wink, and deception: murder in hong kong as i've never played those, and what is a VK for if not for buying new games arigato!

- J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimbo Hale
msg tools
mbmbmb
Where is a good beach vacation without a couple of games of Pit......cheap loub and a whole lot of fun.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica Gustafsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
Peace, love and understanding
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had great success playing Avalon with non-gamers so that is an awesome idea. I would also add Port Royal, you can stuff the cards for it in a deckbox so it's easy to bring.

Have a great trip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
darlok wrote:
You're being in kyoto reminded me of Deep Sea Adventure.

Which I forgot in my list ! Love this little gem of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jessica,

i'm looking to acquire port royal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre C
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cockroach Poker. More of a filler, but easy to teach and explain and a lot of fun to play. A Snorta! deck can be used as a substitute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.