Shadow War: Armageddon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hits in Hand to Hand combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could each hit inflicted in Hand to Hand combat inflict a wound?

By example: an ork wins the HtH vs a SM Explorer by 3 points of difference.

I understand that the Ork player must determine if each hit could be a wound inflicted. 3 throws on the Toughness table, a save roll for the Marine player for each possible wound inflicted and a roll for each non-saved wound on the Injury table if that wound lowers to zero (or it was zero) the Wounds value number of the Marine model.

If the ork is using a weapon that could inflict more than a wound per non-saved hit inflicted, it could deliver more than one throw in the injury table if the Wound value is lowered to zero.

Is that correct?

I hope that is clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perdut wrote:
Could each hit inflicted in Hand to Hand combat inflict a wound?

By example: an ork wins the HtH vs a SM Explorer by 3 points of difference.

Yes, each hit. Alternating between weapons, if the Ork has two hand weapons. Owning Player's choice which to roll first.

Quote:
I understand that the Ork player must determine if each hit could be a wound inflicted. 3 throws on the Toughness table, a save roll for the Marine player for each possible wound inflicted and a roll for each non-saved wound on the Injury table if that wound lowers to zero (or it was zero) the Wounds value number of the Marine model.

Yes.

Quote:
If the ork is using a weapon that could inflict more than a wound per non-saved hit inflicted, it could deliver more than one throw in the injury table if the Wound value is lowered to zero.

Is that correct?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franjo
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
[q="perdut"]
Quote:

Yes.

Sorry, but I still have doubts about this.

Let's assume now that it is a multiple combat and the Marine has another companion fighting the ork. The ork still manages to win by a difference of three. If the first hit from the ork beats the marine's toughness, is not saved by the marine's armor, lowers the Wounds value to zero and the throw on the Injury table gives a result of Down... Is it necessary to resolve the rest of hits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
perdut wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:
[q="perdut"]
Quote:

Yes.

Sorry, but I still have doubts about this.

Let's assume now that it is a multiple combat and the Marine has another companion fighting the ork. The ork still manages to win by a difference of three. If the first hit from the ork beats the marine's toughness, is not saved by the marine's armor, lowers the Wounds value to zero and the throw on the Injury table gives a result of Down... Is it necessary to resolve the rest of hits?

yes.

Additional hits can cause injury rolls of 1 or 6, which needs to be taken into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, roll everything one die at a time until you are familiar enough with the game (like 4 turns) that you might see possible shortcuts.

Oh, and don't forget those fun Break tests when a model goes Down or OOA within 2." That second Marine might Break and run from combat. Even if he survives the automatic hit, and runs, his prostrate buddy goes OOA. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
It's all fun and games until someone looses and eye.arrrh

Which faction is throwing eyeballs? I wanna play them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:
It's all fun and games until someone looses and eye.arrrh

Which faction is throwing eyeballs? I wanna play them!

OK, fixed. If you lived my life, you'd be like, "How the heck does this guy not have the time to spellcheck his posts?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww, I was hoping it would be Nurgle. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.