Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Components: Miniatures: Bending plastic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed the Jellyfish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few of my miniatures have bent plastic, (bases weapons etc) and I would like to bend them back. Has anyone else had this problem? Know how to fix it? Know what type of plastic it is?

My assumption would be that boiling water would make it flexible and I could bend the item straight, before quenching it it cold water, but I'm a bit concerned since I've never done this before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
"Something tells me I could easily beat those trained professionals."
badge
You were doing well until everyone died.
mbmbmbmbmb
The method you mentioned works fine for this type of plastic. I've found that it must be repeated a few times depending on the plastic properties (for example, I've had to re-bend old Super Dungeon Explore minis that went back to the old shape a few times, but their newly released ones straighten immediately).

Be aware that no matter how straight you get Smough's hammer, it might simply be too top heavy to hold the straight shape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
ed_1000 wrote:
A few of my miniatures have bent plastic, (bases weapons etc) and I would like to bend them back. Has anyone else had this problem? Know how to fix it? Know what type of plastic it is?

My assumption would be that boiling water would make it flexible and I could bend the item straight, before quenching it it cold water, but I'm a bit concerned since I've never done this before.

Boiling is a bit too hot. Hot tap water is usually about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Russo
Australia
Craigie
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
even hair drier with hot air can do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed my minis by using a hair dryer and put them afterwards in cold water, works perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.