Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new ships in the expansion are the print and play ships it appears. Half of me is thrilled that I don't have to create the new ships and mats but the other half would have liked getting three true new ships. I think I would rather have had a total six new ships even if three are imperfect print and play version, yet I would always be bothered that my mats and paint job weren't on par with the official ones.

MORAL: you just can't make everyone happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the ship ability cards for those ships are new in the expansion, and that the Carriak ship mat improved in the expansion due to playtesting and game balance feedback. Also, it's hard to be too upset when it comes to free print and play expansions...

Though I don't have any hard data on this, my sense is that many people didn't know about print and play expansion, and even fewer actually got the physical ship models, and even fewer painted their ship models. So, I certainly hope that the inclusion of the painted minis in the expansion will please many people. For the most dedicated fans who already painted their own 3D prints, hopefully they'll still appreciate the high production quality in the expansion and not be too upset with everyone else who didn't have them already. I'll admit that even I didn't have painted versions of the PnP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew about the print and play ships, but I didn't want pnp components in my beautiful game. I do declare *adjusts monacle while puffing a cigar*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
MORAL: you just can't make everyone happy.
I thought the point you made was; You can't make certain people happy regardless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
About those feelings...

Have an earwig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, I'm not complaining; I think using the print&splay ships is a fair decision. I just found it interesting the internal conflict it caused me. With more time to dwell on it I believe I'll be happier that I have "official" ships in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen both the final production copy and the print and play version via my school's 3D printer, it's not even close for me... I look forward to hearing your thoughts after you get the physical expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.