Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Out of Level 2 Stickers, what to do?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in early November and ran out of level 2 stickers for Outbreaks. Should we just place level 3 stickers or what should we do? I can't find answers in the forums. Please help. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tbrown8239 wrote:
We are in early November and ran out of level 2 stickers for Outbreaks. Should we just place level 3 stickers or what should we do? I can't find answers in the forums. Please help. Thanks.


I always assumed that there were enough stickers of each type to cover each city though I never really counted. Man you must be having a nightmare of a game!!! Good luck and hope you manage to make it to the end of the year.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mb
Hy Tyler. I suggest grabbing a marker and simply writing a "2" next to the cities that are affected. Haven't heard of this issue before – I'd love to see you're board when you're done.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up having 4 Cities (Milan, Istanbul, Bogata, and Johannesburg) that we had to write in a level 2 Rioting. Strange luck I suppose... We tried to think of how we could have misplayed it, but figured it was the use of all the
Spoiler (click to reveal)
roadblocks
maybe. Who knows. Was an amazing game though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Um.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Roadblocks
...are a spoiler for start of May. If you could protect your mention of them behind a spoiler tag, that would be great.

Out of interest how many games have you played? That's at least 72 outbreaks even before considering any cities that have reached higher panic levels!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies. I edited it.

We finished the game and counted up the amount of outbreaks we would of had and by the end of the game we had 120 Outbreaks total, divided by 19 games is about 6 per game. We began running out of level 2 stickers around the 2nd half of November, and at that time we were averaging about 4ish outbreaks per game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tbrown8239 wrote:
Apologies. I edited it.

We finished the game and counted up the amount of outbreaks we would of had and by the end of the game we had 120 Outbreaks total, divided by 19 games is about 6 per game. We began running out of level 2 stickers around the 2nd half of November, and at that time we were averaging about 4ish outbreaks per game.



Just out of interest. How many players ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with 3 total players each game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Like Matt Leacock, I'd be fascinated to see your board!

Once you'd opened package 7...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...you must have had significant difficulty finding good legal locations for vaccine factories.

Actually, a team in sufficiently bad trouble could hypothetically have all cities rioting and therefore be completely unable to build vaccine factories. (They could still cure diseases with the first positive mutation, or by using the Equipment card that makes a temporary research station, in extremis.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Like Matt Leacock, I'd be fascinated to see your board!

Once you'd opened package 7...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
...you must have had significant difficulty finding good legal locations for vaccine factories.

Actually, a team in sufficiently bad trouble could hypothetically have all cities rioting and therefore be completely unable to build vaccine factories. (They could still cure diseases with the first positive mutation, or by using the Equipment card that makes a temporary research station, in extremis.)


I would love to see your board also. It sounds like you were playing a variation called Pandemic "Apocalypse" 😜
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Brown
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We definitely had a hard time...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Placing vaccination centers... But we had a few areas that were okay, we ended up having some level 1 stickers left


Can't get the images on to the thread but they are here in my Gallery: https://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/587265
CLICK LINK FOR SPOILERS, Obviously...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.