Continuing my way through the learning process. Last night was standard encounters, tonight was my first mini-boss: the Gargoyle. Here's a few questions I came across while playing:
1. "Move 0" towards the target (ex: Garg's Electric Breath) - I'm assuming that when this Behavior Card comes up, the boss will rotate to face the nearest target, but obviously doesn't move, ONLY rotates. Is that correct?
2. Boss Arcs with green arcs vs without any green arcs - This one seems fairly clear as well, but want to be sure. In the case of the Garg's Halberd Thrust, after turning to face the character with aggro, it will target THAT SINGLE CHARACTER ONLY (provided within Range 1), as opposed to say Electric Breath, which will target ALL ENEMIES within his front arc after turning to face the nearest enemy. Correct?
3. Heat Up Card Addition - Pg.28 states that when the Heat Up occurs, you take one card and shuffle it into the behavior deck. It DOES NOT specify that you reshuffle the discard pile at this time. So, fighting the Gargoyle, I took him down to his Heat Up point during my 4th activation, after he had activated and revealed all 4 of his selected behavior cards. As a result, I added the new Heat Up card to the deck, but there was nothing to shuffle it with. When Garg started his 5th activation I revealed and resolved the new Heat Up card which was now on top of the deck. Finally during his 6th activation, the deck was turned over, but NOT RESHUFFLED, as the only time the rules state to reshuffle anything is when adding the new card. Did I play this correctly? Or is the ENTIRE behavior deck supposed to reshuffle at the point of Heat Up?
4. Push Rules still suck - I've read the book's sections several times as well as posts here on the forums, AS WELL as posts on Steamforged forums, and I don't see any clear answer to how push movement is supposed to be handled for bosses. Pg.21's Pushing rules states that you "immediately move each character on the enemy's node", while the Dancer example on Pg.30 seems to imply that rotation to face the target happens BEFORE the initial push ("The boss is already facing its target, so it doesn’t need to turn to face it. Now the boss begins its 2 movement towards the character"). So is the first push before or after the boss rotates to face the target? I saw this post which seem to imply that the initial push happens BEFORE rotation, but that contradicts the order in the Pg.30 example. HALP?
5. Death by Stamina? - Just a random thought I had, which is that I find it super strange that filling all 10 spaces on your Endurance bar with stamina use causes death, even if you've not been hit or taken any damage. Seems like death could have been predicated on having at least 1 red damage cube on your bar when the 10th space is filled, and that if you max out your bar with 10 Stamina cubes, any 1 damage would kill you.
Thanks again everyone who contributes to these rules posts and discussions!
And for what it's worth, not knowing what all I handled correctly or not: I defeated the Gargoyle as a solo Assassin in 7 turns, with mad dodging (3 dice from Target Shield, Drang Armor, and Murakumo) and pushing my Stamina up to 9 a couple times.
3. No, the entire behavior deck/discard is reshuffled together with the new Heat Up card.
4. It actually doesn't matter whether or not it turns before the initial push. It will rotate again each time before it moves. So rotate, initial push, rotate to face, move/push, rotate to face, move/push (assuming its a "move to nearest" move or a "move to aggro" move with the "aggro" guy starting on the boss's node).
If it's another type of move (move forward 2 spaces, no target specified) then obviously the boss doesn't rotate.
5. Lets just say that at full stamina you get knocked out and the boss can coup-de-grace you
You want to have a look at the complete "Enemy Activation" part here: http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/37033-rules-f...
If you follow this step by step it should be clear. Basically:
1. Determine target
2. If movement has Push, Push. If Push includes attack, the included attack won't trigger
3. Turn (towards: front arc to face node closer to target; away from: back arc to face node farther from target)
4. Move onto node in (towards: center of front arc; away from: center of back arc)
5. If movement has Push, Push. If Push includes attack, the included attack will trigger
6. Repeat 3-5 for 2 distance or longer moves
- Last edited Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm