Popular Tags: [View All]
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about what I can take from my CEO game to the Interstellar game.
I finished the CEO game with the Planet Hunt Future. My promoted Bernal with a beehive TW thruster, a generator, crew, one promoted robot colonist and 4 promoted human colonists are at Sedna.
There are 4 mobile factories and a promoted freighter on the board and one robonaut on hand.

So for Interstellar I would have:
Starship stack: TW thruster + generator + 4 factory cubes (or +1 for feighter?)
Age track: crew, 1 promoted robot, 4 promoted human colonists and a robonaut (black side). And one more human colonists, chosen from the deck, because of the future.

Now I have too many humans on my beehive. Do you get the 4 other bernals too, or can you not take more than 3 humans, or can you put them in the VATS (and would that trigger mutiny)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Beehives always start with all 5 Bernals in the stack, not just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
Beehives always start with all 5 Bernals in the stack, not just one.

Beehive Quick start rules say that. The starshot rules' wording is still about taking Ersatz Bernal and dirtside Bernal, so only 2 Bernals. An explicit wording for starshot Beehive is needed to preserve 5 Bernals regardless of the amount possessed in the Colonization game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Doull
Australia
Kirrawee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Beehive won't work with 2 Bernals as you need 5 to brake at the end of the game. Consider this an official errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andrewdoull wrote:
Beehive won't work with 2 Bernals as you need 5 to brake at the end of the game. Consider this an official errata.

Thank you. Just amend the Living Rules (or put a suggestion there) so that we'll not forget it for the 4th ed.

On the side note, I just once managed to produce 6 cubes while having two Bernals (that was a long ride, all Robonauts and Robots were gone) and indeed made the Beehive braking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, are you saying a starship can do a sol exit and trigger a starshot *after* a colonization game (Hermes Fall, CEO or multiplayer) has concluded? I thought starshots could only be announced before the game ends. If you can continue playing colonization to do a sol exit after the game finished, what's preventing you from getting unlimited starship fuel and optimize cards to take with you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rbelikov wrote:
Wait, are you saying a starship can do a sol exit and trigger a starshot *after* a colonization game (Hermes Fall, CEO or multiplayer) has concluded? I thought starshots could only be announced before the game ends. If you can continue playing colonization to do a sol exit after the game finished, what's preventing you from getting unlimited starship fuel and optimize cards to take with you?

Some thoughts of mine:
I opt for the rule that allows immediate starshot right at the moment when the game ends, provided a Player has a stack with a starship/beehive on any of the exits or on a synodic comet lab (in case of beehives). This will go along the wording "after the game ends" and will prohibit exploits. Of course starshots can happen earlier. For those who attempt an earlier starshot I opt for the rule that the final endgame election involves all players (also those who made starshots) but those absent players may only vote with exomigrant colonists (Exomigration), independent colonies (Exomigration), colonists which scored a future (Exomigration) and votes from Outer Diaspora reward (Exploration). In the Exploration module those attempting a starshot prior to the game ending are rewarded 3VP and make the game progress with 2 achievements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.