Subject: Questions to Mischief - Break - Picket - Boomer - Tantrum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nox Noxley
Germany
Waldstetten
flag msg tools
Hi there,

we had a few questionable situations in our game, maybe one can help us, please:

1. "Break"-ability: works against distance attacks, too? (I say yes, but my buddy questions this playing Boomer ^^)

2. "Mischief"-ability: removes any dice in avtive slot (even RAGE???) or only Attack/Defense-dice (as it says in rulebook p.10)?

3. Picket: using the Shield bash from backup-plan must I remove a "Shield Form" die in the locked slot or may I?

4. Picket: having "Sword Advance" in my locked slot, may I do one damage even if I didn't roll any attack dice, but declared a baddie as target anyway? (same for "Shield Form": must I roll a defense die or may I use it without having a defense die ready (thus reducing damage automatically by one))

5. Boomer's "Bag'a Booms": May I use the "3 Multi-use Parts" for 3 different components at the same time, thus creating a bomb by only using that die?

6. Is there any difference between "remove die" (e.g. "Mischief"-ability) and "exhaust die"?

7. Tantrum's back-up plan "Axe collector": gives you a full maximized die or only fills an existing one up (thus getting the die only by loot)? And once you have found the "Axe collector" die (either by back-up or Loot) you will never loose that die again, as it says it is never exhausted on Tantrum's sheet (thus only turned to blank)?

Thank you for helping us there!!

Cheers,
Nocturnus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Questions afetr first play...
Nocturnus wrote:

1. "Break"-ability: works against distance attacks, too? (I say yes, but my buddy questions this playing Boomer ^^)

Yes. Any Attack Dice (White dice) used to reduce units HP will be exhausted

Nocturnus wrote:

2. "Mischief"-ability: removes any dice in avtive slot (even RAGE???) or only Attack/Defense-dice (as it says in rulebook p.10)?

Any dice! So yes, even Rage. Have some Def dice as buffer for this.

Nocturnus wrote:

3. Picket: using the Shield bash from backup-plan must I remove a "Shield Form" die in the locked slot or may I?

All dice with Def Shield will be removed with Shield Bash, Regular Def dice are removed whereas Skill dice like Constant Def are exhausted.

Nocturnus wrote:

4. Picket: having "Sword Advance" in my locked slot, may I do one damage even if I didn't roll any attack dice, but declared a baddie as target anyway? (same for "Shield Form": must I roll a defense die or may I use it without having a defense die ready (thus reducing damage automatically by one))

No. "Constant Damage" adds to the damage you have applied to a target. Also, you can not roll Atk dice (white) without having a target.

"Constant Def" just reduces the damage you take. So if you have it locked and take 2 Dmg you only loose 1 HP. Any Def dice you roll will come as additional Def.

Nocturnus wrote:

5. Boomer's "Bag'a Booms": May I use the "3 Multi-use Parts" for 3 different components at the same time, thus creating a bomb by only using that die?

This I'm not 100% sure of, but the reference sheet just says that it is that number of components of your choice, so technically I would say that you could make 1 bomb with a 3 "Multi Use Part"

Nocturnus wrote:

6. Is there any difference between "remove die" (e.g. "Mischief"-ability) and "exhaust die"?

Yes and no. Removing a die is just taking it from where it was, either Active or Locked slot.

However, what happens to that die when removed depends on the die. If it's a regular die(white Def or Atk) it is simply removed but if it's a Skill die it is exhausted as Skill dice per normal rules are exhausted when used. There are however some Skill dice that are not exhausted when used so you need to reference the Gearloc sheet.

Nocturnus wrote:

7. Tantrum's back-up plan "Axe collector": gives you a full maximized die or only fills an existing one up (thus getting the die only by loot)? And once you have found the "Axe collector" die (either by back-up or Loot) you will never loose that die again, as it says it is never exhausted on Tantrum's sheet (thus only turned to blank)?

Tantrum starts with Axe Collector and Body Count already on his skill area. These are never exhausted and stay there for entire game. So when you use "Axe Collector" you simply set the die to max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Snyder
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Some Questions after first play...
I agree with Bard on everything based on my understanding. The designers also confirmed you could use Boomers "3 multi-use parts" as one of each part to create one bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to suggest that you change your title to be descriptive of the content inside. When people browse these forums for answers, an ambiguous title tends to be a little frustrating. It's also worth noting that it might be more productive to split your questions into multiple threads. This helps keep discussion focused on one topic (question) and avoid confusion with so many questions being discussed.

Just a suggestion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nox Noxley
Germany
Waldstetten
flag msg tools
@Donny

You are right! I will try to change the topic (will be hard to get all covered , so you are right to split it in future!)

Cheers,
Nocturnus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nocturnus wrote:

I disagree with the previous poster. I think the answer is yes to this question.

When you declare a baddie as target, you can add the free damage (even if you roll zero attack dice, or if your attack dice all come out as bones). But note you can only declare an adjacent baddie as target, and only 1 target per round.

Similarly, you can use Shield form to absorb 1 damage per attack, even if you don't have any defence dice active. If you do have defence dice, you can choose to use the constant defence first (thus a 1-damage attack would not decrease your active defence dice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nox Noxley
Germany
Waldstetten
flag msg tools
Thanks so far for helping me!! ^^

A few more questions:

1.) Is Boomer's Backup plan "Throw odds" considered as a separate damage source, when calculating "Hardy"? Thus is each source of damage reduced to 1 separately OR is all damage added together and THEN reduced to 1 damage?

2.) May one declare a target for an attack even having/using no attack dice for rolling?

3.) May Boomer use its "Throw odds" even if he did not roll any attack dice? (is kind of part to question #2 ...)

4.) Must I use defense dice in active slots when receiving damage? Or may I choose to save them for later, e.g. when planning to use Picket's "Shield Bash"-backup plan later on?

5.) Does "Inspire"-skill trigger each turn regarding the additional attack-dice or only when the corresponding baddie was moved (and afterwards not anymore)?

Thank you!

Cheers,
Nocturnus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nocturnus wrote:
Thanks so far for helping me!! ^^

A few more questions:

1.) Is Boomer's Backup plan "Throw odds" considered as a separate damage source, when calculating "Hardy"? Thus is each source of damage reduced to 1 separately OR is all damage added together and THEN reduced to 1 damage?

2.) May one declare a target for an attack even having/using no attack dice for rolling?

3.) May Boomer use its "Throw odds" even if he did not roll any attack dice? (is kind of part to question #2 ...)

4.) Must I use defense dice in active slots when receiving damage? Or may I choose to save them for later, e.g. when planning to use Picket's "Shield Bash"-backup plan later on?

5.) Does "Inspire"-skill trigger each turn regarding the additional attack-dice or only when the corresponding baddie was moved (and afterwards not anymore)?

1. ALL damage is reduced to 1 with Hardy, it's 1 damage per turn, not per source.

2. Yes, if you're rolling anything that "targets," you'll need to pick a target, even if there are no attack dice involved.

3. Yes. Must hit the same target as you hit with anything else requiring a target, if applicable. If it's the only thing targeting, you can pick your target.

4. You MUST use DEF dice if you have them in your active slots. You cannot choose to take damage instead.

5. Inspire triggers each turn - just skips the part about jumping up initiative if it's already right after the inspiring Baddie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.