Burning Suns» Forums » General

Subject: Smudged dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
The game arrived today, and while most stuff looks cool (the minis are excellent for example), the coloured dice are really quite bad. The colour for the number is badly filled in and smudged all over the dice to make things worse.

I can live it it, but wonder if this is a common problem or just my copy? Seeing that all colours of dice (except the white basic ones) have the same problem my guess it's the same in all copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mbmbmbmbmb
On the pictures i saw so far the dice looked pretty bad. So, unless those picture were yours, I'd say common problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul,

I've tried to assess the dice situation.
And it seems that particularly the white-numbered dice have problems. The black ones have been okay in my 3 copies, but I've experienced that the white numbered dice have problems. D4 in particular.

First off: I've told the plastic manufacturer that the coloring of the dice have been sub-par. Which is not okay.

Second: I've tried to fix it myself, and it's possible to clean the white coloring that has smudged the dice. With some treatment they can look okay.

Third: I'll see how many extra dice I can get here, so I can replace those whose dice can't be cleaned.

- - - - - - - - -

Thank you for bringing it up Paul, I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can do more.
Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not just you

All except yellow dice are smudged.
Some are useable, but some are not really.

Like Emil, I've had some luck scratching them clean, but not all work.
(like the hole on a 6 for example)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check.
Thanks for noting Nisses

I can't help but thinking they may have send me the best samples for inspection once it was approved. Of course you should be careful about seeing ghosts everywhere, but in this world - anything is possible.

I'll keep an eye on it and see how I can get new materials and improve the situation.

Best regards Emil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
If it had been an Asmodee or any other big producer game I would have demanded a new set, but in this case it's ok Emil.

As I said, I can live with them, just wondered if it was a common problem. Will see if I can clean them up somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thankful that you keep my project/company scope in mind, and I'll do my uttermost to make sure that I can put even better games out there, both in terms of play and quality.

I want it to be so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to have this problem as well. Some dice in my game look pretty bad, but all are usable. They just stand out as the worst visual element of the game. I will try to clean them up before my next play.

- K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.