Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duncan Hecht
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Having played a few times with differing player counts, I can say that the game becomes easier once you can better determine how to order your actions.

Fallen Angel is a medium complexity dice placement game with enough euro-style elements that the dice luck is almost not a factor. Most of the game is about placing dice in the best order to achieve the actions you want before your semi-cooperative opponent(s) take(s) the spot you need. The semi-cooperative game style eaves room for negotiating, especially as all players have common objectives.

The first time I played, I didn't feel like I was able to achieve all the actions I wanted to. With experience comes efficiency, and the most recent game, we were able to save Angel City, I was able to place some house tokens for land area control, and was able to power up my alien technology (something I didn't have the dice to do in previous plays).

I will state that the obvious strategy to me is to get the extra dice early, and sacrifice shields or victory points by not destroying all the monsters. However, if all players pursue this objective, the dice costs for movement becomes steep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.