Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Van Dam
United States
Appleton City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game after seeing the people on Tabletop play it.

Components
The cards are of good quality and the art is fun for the most part. The game board is nice and the tokens and dice are good and well suited for the game.

Game play
It is simple you and at least two of your friends are dealt a hand of cards to equip your dungeon crawling characters. You can end up with a race, class, various pieces of equipment or effect cards that may be played on you, monsters, or other players.
These can be used or sold to gain levels.
The object of the game is to be the first player to level 10.

Experience
Pros. I've had fun playing this game several times. The variety of cards mean something fun an silly to enjoy on every play through with new combinations to explore in each game. There is also a lot of player interaction due to cooperation or "take that" mechanics in the game.

Cons. Initially there is a lot of reading, so the game slows down quite a bit. The variety of cards while fun, can be quite a barrier to new players. The art work is not all family friendly with scantily clad women and suggestive humor throughout. There is also quite a lot of take that at the end, which can run the highly competitive players the wrong way, and there is usually some King Making going on at some point.

Final Thoughts
I think this is a fun silly game that is best played casually. It is not longer in my collection mostly because I got a copy of Wizard of Oz Munchkin. It is basically the same game only more family friendly and with a theme that is less generic and more enjoyable in my group.

I would recommend looking into the munchkin series if you like a casual take that game with this kind of humor. Though I would suggest you review all your options as there are many different themes to offer from pirates to zombies to Marvel Comics to Science Fiction... one of those may be a better match.

I rated this game a 6

UMCR Reviews Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Gonzalez
Spain
Gameria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, a treasure then? I like the idea of the board to keep track of your level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.