Subject: Integration with the base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steffan kristensen
Denmark
Esbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've just bought the base game + shadow of war. I've gotten a pretty good deal on byrning crusade as well, and consider buying it.
But... since i've read that it adds to the game length, I don't think I'll use lvl 6 + outland on our first couple of plays.
But if I choose to do so. How much stuff is left that can be integrated into the base game? I.e do you get any lvl 1-5 items/quest or events that are not specific to outland?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lavigne
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've played (must correct that!), but if I recall correctly, you can leave Outlands out and still add:
• new class (Paladin)
• new quest cards (there are many that reside solely on the original board; discard the Outlands ones)
• roughly one-third of the new monsters
• new items and events
• dungeons

The rule book actually has a section on using the expansion components without the extra board on page 19: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/WoWBG/...

I'd say if you have a good deal on the expansion, grab it while it's available. I'm not a fan of the extra board or the dungeons, but it still adds some extra variety into an otherwise interesting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.