Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone interested in some Old School Netrunner, have a look at the new online group Snowball League: https://discord.gg/ZtYv4Aq

We are a smallish (of few dozen so far) group of players of widely varying experience (although the majority are mostly new to the game). What we are doing is starting ANR from the very beginning, and proceeding somewhat slowly through the chronology of the game.

First, just Core Set, then about every week, two new data packs get added. We are still just getting started; at the time of my writing this, the Core Set plus the six packs of Genesis cycle are "legal."

From my perspective, I'm having a wonderful time with this. I have loved the game at all its stages, and going back to the beginning is very nostalgic and quite fun.

This is also a great step for those interested in learning to play on Jinteki.net. I've played over a thousand games of ANR over the years, but ALL of them--up to now--were face-to-face. This has been a chance for me to learn the Jinteki.net interface with no pressure. I wouldn't want to subject a random player on Jnet to my slowness and clunkiness with the interface, but in Snowball everyone is cool with that because we are all (mostly) learning.

Have a look if you're interested in going Old School. The more the merrier. You'll need to register on Discord to join the group (engage in the discussions and find opponents), so just a brief bit of rigamarole that, but no cost of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a free site and is it very user friendly? Your idea sounds great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clicked that link and it took me to some ad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I clicked that link and it took me to some ad.

It's supposed to take you to an invite code that then gets you into the group. The host website for the group is called Discord, it's basically a chat message platform.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have to download and install software?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
Do I have to download and install software?

No nothing like that. Just the usual. Create a username and password kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to participate. I'll look into it more over the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.