Flaming NOODLE
Philippines
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PROJECT:GORE
A Tactical Dueling Game

|By TheFlamingNoodle|2 players|15-30 mins.|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESIGN VISON

The Goal is to emulate the experience of a grueling, gritty showdown.

Players must alway be kept on edge making risk/reward decisions that will clearly have consequences in the short and longterm, never completely assured that they are going to emerge victorious.

Players must find themselves scrounging for and exploiting whatever they can acquire to get the edge in combat, this will manifest itself in the terrain, timing of maneuvers, positional tactics, stamina management and bluffing.

I want a combat in which players can find themselves invested.
Gnashing their teeth as the game plays out and suddenly yelling in exuberant outbursts of "AHAAA!" from time to time.

I also take inspiration from my experience of playing Demon's Souls as a 9 yr.old kid.It scared me out of my wits as a child making me exploit the different traps against my opponents, funnel crowds and crossbowing the dragon to death for an hour with a thousand bolts, which made me feel like an opportunistic bad-ass and I wanted to share this experience of grueling combat.

Of course having a solid vision is only the first half of the process executing it properly is the other harder half.

Update"Challenge Accepted!":Let's try making a more concise yet decent version of this by the end of May shall we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP NEEDED

The game is in its first iteration to test the foundational mechanics that I will need to build off an engaging system.
The game is currently available in PnP version(scans of my hand scribbled components)and I would be very
grateful if you could help me in testing and getting feedback of the game. I also need help in proofreading the
rules and making it more understandable overall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMBAT PROTOTYPE DEMO:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.0

|30 mins.of assembly|15-20mins.to learn|

Rules

Board(1)

Discard Mat(2)

Wound Counter(2)

Cards(12)[Print two copies of this]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miniatures(2):
(You can use your own 2 miniatures or for PnP purposes use this one
it's from Eddnic's Fantasy Paper Minis, he's got some really cool stuff
going on over there so check it out when you have the time)
Version 2.0

Rules(to be added)

Board(to be added)

Discard Mat(to be added)

Wound Counter(to be added)

Cards
PROOF OF CONCEPT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.