Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szilard Leitner
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
So there are virtually 13 new tiles in this expansion. I understand, that Quadropolis is a really tight design, but imho there is much more room for improvement than that. Little bit underwhelming, but I hope it is only the first one in a forthcoming series of expansions like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be - I was hoping for a bit more too it too.

But it does integrate smoothly, which is good, and I would be happy to see some more expansions for this game.

Biggest issue is storage however. The awesome insert in the base game didn't come with any space for the expansion(s), so they'll have to be stored in their own box, which is a little sad for so few tiles. However, removing the cardboard frames from under the insert to drop its height may be a good option if the expansion box isn't too deep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin LB
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the promo tiles, I already have a hard time to fit everything in the box. So I guess that, eventually, I will get rid of the insert and just use bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Washburn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for more too. It seems lazy. I agree with you on the storage & awesome base game insert.

Kind of bothers me that they advertise 24 new tiles when half of them are duplicated. Could they have assumed players expanding their base game would be playing Expert? SO many cool things could have been included instead of duplicate Classic/Expert tiles. (1) A special mat/board for the public services pool. Also, the mat could have spaces 1-5 that must match your architect number. (2) Instead of drawing a "standard" PS tile then swapping it for a PS expansion tile, the standard PS tiles could have been replaced with a cool "wild card" looking tile that lets you access the PS expansion pool. (3) A new mayor-like special role (and pawn) that could be acquired each round.

On top of all that, it feels overpriced at $19.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Hassgård
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well this looks like an underwhelming overpriced expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fusilier
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heathbarATL wrote:
...On top of all that, it feels overpriced at $19.99.

Good thing you can get it for $12.99, then!

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/238843

(MSRP: $14.99)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Washburn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bafusilier wrote:

That's a more reasonable price! Still it seems half-assed and could have done a better job improving the game, not just adding complexity for the sake of complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
heathbarATL wrote:
bafusilier wrote:

That's a more reasonable price! Still it seems half-assed and could have done a better job improving the game, not just adding complexity for the sake of complexity.

A buck cheaper at $11.99 at MM. about 40 in stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.