Unlock! Escape Adventures» Forums » General

Subject: NEW Unlock! Demo - Fifth Avenue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
The new demo for Unlock! (Fifth Avenue) is on their website - under Resources. The cards are significantly smaller....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fcatlanta1977 wrote:
The new demo for Unlock! (Fifth Avenue) is on their website - under Resources. The cards are significantly smaller....

Website? Don't make us actually use google! whistle

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The direct link is https://images-cdn.asmodee.us/filer_public/26/b8/26b8c3f1-8d... (original published version: https://images-cdn.asmodee.us/filer_public/31/e3/31e32b37-9f...)

The US website is https://www.asmodee.us/en/games/unlock/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Yeah. Google. What a hassle. By the way, the link to their website is on this page.
You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they release the cards to purchase again like they did with The Elite in the BGG shop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vail
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they supposed to be printed front to back?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Yes-Might be easier to print one page at a time-Print page 1, re-insert paper on other side and print page 2-and so forth.

I hope they release this demo for sale also-cards are VERY small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerkey wrote:
Are they supposed to be printed front to back?

Yes, each set of pages (1-2, 3-4, 5-6) are meant to be printed back-to-back. The number/letter in the middle of each card should correspond to the number/letter on the other side.

Alternatively, you can print the sheets separately and then glue the corresponding cards afterwards.

I find the first approach easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fcatlanta1977 wrote:
I hope they release this demo for sale also-cards are VERY small.

To print at 100%, the cards are meant to be on fairly large paper (ledger size, 11 x 17). If you print on sufficiently sized paper, the cards end up being French Tarot size (like the retail release).

The bad news is that most home printers can't print that large of a size so either 1) you print the cards at a smaller zoom or 2) you bring the PDF to a print shop to print it at that large size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for that info; still, seems like they would have formatted Fifth Avenue the same as The Elite so the cards would be printed a decent size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fcatlanta1977 wrote:
Thanks for that info; still, seems like they would have formatted Fifth Avenue the same as The Elite so the cards would be printed a decent size.

I think the idea here is that they KNOW this will end up on the geek store too and so they are making it easier to print for those who can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished playing the scenario tonight. The app gave us 30 minutes.

Difficulty wise, this is between the Tutorial and Elite.

However, due to the printing, I had difficulty finding some hidden objects and reading small numbers. And for some unknown reason, the hidden objects functionality was disabled in the app for this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
UPDATE!

The FIFTH AVENUE pnp Demo has been updated so the PDF will now print as large cards. Much improved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
fcatlanta1977 wrote:
UPDATE!

The FIFTH AVENUE pnp Demo has been updated so the PDF will now print as large cards. Much improved!

Oh FFS, printed one set - now I'll have to use a load of ink on another set. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andris Slisans
Latvia
Kekava
Kekavas novads
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fcatlanta1977 wrote:
UPDATE!

IT IS necesary to use bigger cards!!! I tried small card version (printed on A4) - never again.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
2 spoilery comments
1. I used computer and PDF to enlarge cards to read code for app. Those numbers were unreadable on printed small cards. I will print out bigger cards for my gaming group (I played it solo). Please don't use small card size again.

2. Before I found hidden object with "my stuff", my first guess was window looked like 8 . 8 card was crowbar and with window card I got penalty. I dont konw if it was intentional (window as number 8 ). I got owned.

Good scenario. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for next one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting that this was available, as well as the updated, larger card version!

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank I
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
You are welcome; now, if I could just find the demo of Temple of RA, even in French.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note - printing the cards from these links provides 12 cards on a standard 8x11 sheet of paper.

Using these small cards it is literally impossible to solve one of the puzzles.

No spoiler here but there is critical information on the back of card 73 that simply cannot be read. This information is REQUIRED to solve a puzzle in the game. Thus, you need to either (1) have the PDF available for zooming during play or (2) figure out how to print on high resolution large tarot-sized cards.

Please note this simple issue can turn a relatively fun and light scenario into something extradinarily frustrating with no way to solve. Not sure why Space Cowboys did this but it is a huge problem with this print and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Please note this simple issue can turn a relatively fun and light scenario into something extradinarily frustrating with no way to solve. Not sure why Space Cowboys did this but it is a huge problem with this print and play.

Whoops, sorry about that. They updated their P&P a few days afterwards so there's 6 cards to a page. I've updated the links above.

Even then, I still found reading the text on the back of the card difficult. I resorted to going over all the information on that card in pen so that other users of my copy could read them more easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qasic wrote:
jgunnz wrote:

Whoops, sorry about that. They updated their P&P a few days afterwards so there's 6 cards to a page. I've updated the links above.

Even then, I still found reading the text on the back of the card difficult. I resorted to going over all the information on that card in pen so that other users of my copy could read them more easily.

We've done the same on the two cards that matter for this puzzle. I knew I'd read an issue with the fidelity on the cards and when we hit the problem it was obvious what you guys were talking about.

We believe that the issue is that those pages aren't print resolution, they're web resolution. They look fine on a screen, but when printed the DPI isn't dense enough to allow the chosen colors and resolution to clearly show the information needed to solve the puzzle.

Unfortunate and I hope that is not an issue in retail scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.