Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 1989 movie UHF (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/) there was an advertisement for a (fictional) television show called Conan the Librarian. For those unfamiliar with it, that scene is available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

My challenge to the Conan board game community is: create a related scenario (or mini-campaign!), ideally using only core-box components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to do that but I need to finish my Xena mod first. This might take a while but finally we could use the bookcase from the KS!
Looks tempting for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amanwing wrote:
This might take a while but finally we could use the bookcase from the KS!

Excellent idea . i had forgotten all about the furniture/decoration minis.

Maybe the "book" of Skelos has some special role to play in a librarian scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the OL plays Conan (the Librarian) and others characters search for and/or return books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the tavern map. Conan and his friends are tasked with putting the right books back in the right chambers, where the shelves are. Whenever the event tile is used, a new pile of books is returned and pops up on the counter (on the bar).

Meanwhile, enemies (pirates?) are trying to steal books from the chambers and exit the library carrying them. instead of attacking, they can throw books around on their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lukan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Dystopian wrote:
Use the tavern map. Conan and his friends are tasked with putting the right books back in the right chambers, where the shelves are. Whenever the event tile is used, a new pile of books is returned and pops up on the counter (on the bar).

Meanwhile, enemies (pirates?) are trying to steal books from the chambers and exit the library carrying them. instead of attacking, they can throw books around on their turn.

Sounds like a solid foundation for a fun mission!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.