Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Wrath of the Righteous – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ekkie's power upgrade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m playing Ekkie (promo character) in a new campaign. Everything was fine until I got my first power feat, then my brain exploded.

Ekkie's power is grammatically suspect, to say the least, so I’m trying to figure her out.

Her original power:

For your check that has or is against a card that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check.

This power is fairly easy to parse out into two separate abilities:

#1: For your check that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check. (OK)

#2: For your check against a card that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check. (OK)

But things get more complicated after the power feat upgrade. The power becomes:

For your check that has or is against a card that has the Animal or Basic trait (or has an adventure deck number less than the current scenario), add 1d4 to your check.

Is it correct that this upgrade adds two new powers?

#3: For your check that has an adventure deck number less than the current scenario, add 1d4 to your check. (Is this even a thing? Can a check “have” an adventure deck number?)

#4: For your check against a card that has an adventure deck number less than the current scenario, add 1d4 to your check. (OK)

What I’m trying to figure out:

Is #3 actually intended? If so, what does it mean? If I’m in a level 3 adventure, do all weapons level 2 and below get an additional 1d4?

And a question about #4: Is this power meant to apply to locations? If I’m in a level 1 adventure, for instance, do I add 1d4 to checks to close “B” locations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checks don't have adventure deck numbers, cards do.

And it totally works on locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:

Just to be clear, you're saying that Ekkie's upgraded power only has three effects total?

For your check that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check.

For your check against a card that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check.

For your check against a card that has an adventure deck number less than the current scenario, add 1d4 to your check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkover wrote:
269Hawkmoon wrote:

Just to be clear, you're saying that Ekkie's upgraded power only has three effects total?

For your check that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check.

For your check against a card that has the Animal or Basic trait, add 1d4 to your check.

For your check against a card that has an adventure deck number less that the current scenario, add 1d4 to your check.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks.

For other people playing Ekkie, I should clarify that - since Ekkie's power is originally written as an "or" power - these different effects don't stack. It's actually (power 1) or (power 2) or (power 3), then 1d4.

I.e., if I play a Basic weapon against a monster with the Animal trait, I only get 1d4. Not 2d4.

Similarly, with the upgrade, if I'm in a level 3 scenario and I play a Basic weapon against a level 2 monster, I only get 1d4. Not 2d4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.