Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Healthy Heart Hospital» Forums » General

Subject: Incomplete copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I got my copy from Miniature Market today and it had

- no prestige markers
- no Operating room markers
- no training makers
- no "now hiring" markers
- no ward ability markers

Are those all on one counter sheet?

I've emailed victory games for a replacement, but was curious if anyone has dealt with their customer service before and how hopeful I should be for getting replacement counters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Your replacement countersheet is already on its way, I'm told.

Alan Emrich
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
There you go! Fun game, by the way. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
schism70 wrote:
There you go! Fun game, by the way. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Should do. It's my style of game and I was really looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of games that can be played co-op or solo and that can be brutally unkind at times. HHH playthroughs I've watched really made me think its one for me.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Your replacement countersheet is already on its way, I'm told.

Alan Emrich


Choice. I've never had a bad customer service experience with a boardgame company. So I was pretty hopeful this would get sorted.

So it is just one sheet right? Would make sense as a packing snafu
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Should do. It's my style of game and I was really looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of games that can be played co-op or solo and that can be brutally unkind at times. HHH playthroughs I've watched really made me think its one for me.


Then you're really going to love RENEGADE. We should be launching that game's Kickstarter in July. It's a beauty!

Alan Emrich
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Should do. It's my style of game and I was really looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of games that can be played co-op or solo and that can be brutally unkind at times. HHH playthroughs I've watched really made me think its one for me.


Then you're really going to love RENEGADE. We should be launching that game's Kickstarter in July. It's a beauty!

Alan Emrich


I'll check it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithkrall wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:

Your replacement countersheet is already on its way, I'm told.

Alan Emrich


Choice. I've never had a bad customer service experience with a boardgame company. So I was pretty hopeful this would get sorted.

So it is just one sheet right? Would make sense as a packing snafu


Yes, it is all on one sheet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheet arrived this morning. looks in good shape. Pleased with customer service.

cheers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
looks in god shape.


Well, the ladies at VPG are quite saintly, so it is no surprise to me that your counters would arrive in god shape.

Glad all is well!

Alan Emrich
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
looks in god shape.


Well, the ladies at VPG are quite saintly, so it is no surprise to me that your counters would arrive in god shape.

Glad all is well!

Alan Emrich


Ha, i literally typed this up first thing in the morning, with bleary sleep eyes after checking the mail box *fixed*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Worth noting as well that the rulebook has far worse typos than what I wrote up there.

One time "exapansion" I could understand missing on a proof read. But virtually every time expansion is mentioned in the rule-book it is misspelled.

Good game so far, really enjoying it, but missing parts and typo's in the rules aren't the best thing I've seen in a board game. Feels a bit careless.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the new rule book. Posted on vpg website or bgg files. The second edition rules are much better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
Check out the new rule book. Posted on vpg website or bgg files. The second edition rules are much better.


I have the 2nd edition i believe, in the "proper" box. I just got one of the ones that were delivered to Miniature market recently.

I see the online rulebook in 95% the same, but the "exapansion" section has been completely re-written so that it only mentions rooms . Pity it wasn't done before printing. I mean, its easy enough to read and make sense of, its just a bit jarring.

And even then, I still found typos in the online version with a quick skim. (The Chaplain, and Chief of Finance Officer come into effect at the start of the Housekeepnig Phase" - Sidebar, page 8

Weirdly, i've never had this before and I've had two rulebooks in the last month with weird errors. The other one was "martians: a story of civilzation". Both games i've enjoyed a lot, but those errors just take some of the shine off a great game.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithkrall wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:
Check out the new rule book. Posted on vpg website or bgg files. The second edition rules are much better.


I have the 2nd edition i believe, in the "proper" box. I just got one of the ones that were delivered to Miniature market recently.

I see the online rulebook in 95% the same, but the "exapansion" section has been completely re-written so that it only mentions rooms . Pity it wasn't done before printing. I mean, its easy enough to read and make sense of, its just a bit jarring.

And even then, I still found typos in the online version with a quick skim. (The Chaplain, and Chief of Finance Officer come into effect at the start of the Housekeepnig Phase" - Sidebar, page 8

Weirdly, i've never had this before and I've had two rulebooks in the last month with weird errors. The other one was "martians: a story of civilzation". Both games i've enjoyed a lot, but those errors just take some of the shine off a great game.



What are the errors that “take the shine off a great game “ ? I understand what those sentences are supposed to mean. What is difficult is when there is a poor translation and it isn’t clear what is meant.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Vomkrieg
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
syliconslycer wrote:


What are the errors that “take the shine off a great game “ ? I understand what those sentences are supposed to mean. What is difficult is when there is a poor translation and it isn’t clear what is meant.


Um, did you read my comment? A bunch of typos. It just makes it feel like it wasn't proof read. Reading a rulebook with errors in it is jarring, you stop looking at the rules and just going "oh come on, someone should have read this before signing off to print it".

Also, if you missed my OP, this was on top of the game not coming with half the counters.

They combined to make the company and the game looked rushed and unprofessional.

And while you may be fine with that, I was not. Not sure why anyone would be fine with a rulebook with errors and missing parts, but you do you.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.