Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb

Sorry to open a thread for a simple question, but I didn't find anything in a search.

Per Battle of the Bog preconditions it states:

"Each moved position in this battle requires 2 Dex instead of 1"

Does this apply to the baddies too? Meaning they can only move once, and the thing same goes for Drellen as well?

Wanted to make sure bogs didn't have any way around this being their natural environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Baddies don't use dex to move; they simply can move 2 spaces,so this doesn't apply to them. Similarly, some gearlocs have abilities that grant movement bonuses, which would also get around the added dex requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks, its funny as I know the rules pretty well, but then something comes up and just boggles my mind for some reason, and this was one of them, lol.

I try so hard to make sure I'm interpreting the rules correctly that sometimes I over-think it, and I think that's what happened this time. Thanks again for responding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
Japan
Okazaki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MarkUCLA wrote:

Thanks, its funny as I know the rules pretty well, but then something comes up and just boggles my mind for some reason, and this was one of them, lol.

I try so hard to make sure I'm interpreting the rules correctly that sometimes I over-think it, and I think that's what happened this time. Thanks again for responding.

Everyone's brain works differently so interpretations will vary, which is why making rules to fit everyone's taste is so difficult. Here it seems a lot of people think the rules are horrible, but I think they're fine.

That said, the encounter cards are definitely the aspect that causes the most confusion, but generally speaking, going with what makes the most thematic sense works out. For example, you're initial feeling that bog baddies shouldn't be hindered by the bog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.