Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Ok, so according to the board game rule book, "Air Vent Tiles cannot be used to draw LoS". I understand they shouldn't be used to draw LoS through them, but, to me, it would be thematic if you could also draw LoS from it, but not into it.

Technically, any 30mm could get in there and come back... so, they could spot the tile next to the air vent and come back to the side they came from. Also, Facehuggers could just stay in the vents (with the danger of being stuck there by marines shutting the vent close, of course)

Do you guys think this would be too much of an advantage (being able to use the Air Vents to reveal enemy Ping! Tokens without revealing their own)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the manual would suggest create your own "house rules".

You could further extend this house rule by allowing facehuggers to sit in the vent on sentry; with a condition if someone does move past the hugger gets first chance to attack.

Have to give the little guys a chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:
As the manual would suggest create your own "house rules".

You could further extend this house rule by allowing facehuggers to sit in the vent on sentry; with a condition if someone does move past the hugger gets first chance to attack.

Have to give the little guys a chance!

Why should this be house-ruled? Facehuggers are already allowed to stay in Air Vents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You misunderstood me. yes, facehuggers can sit in vents.
But if a marine is making a tactical move (with sentry) into LoS of a vent the marine gets first chance to attack when really it should be the facehugger.
And if I'm wrong about that it's because THE RULE BOOK IS POORLY WRITTEN. Great models Prodos but seriously your manuals are rubbish. I spend more time flicking pages to check a rule than playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should it be the Facehugger first? You cannot draw Line of Sight into or through Air Vents. Furthermore you cannot shoot into Air Vents, because you cannot draw LoS through or into them. Sure there are exceptions, which for the Marines should only be the Flamethrower (but you need two AP for the Flamethrower attack if I am not mistaken). Removing an Air Vent with just one AP is not possible. If you want to remove an Air Vent with a Facehugger in it, it is very unlikely that you succeed, because first you need to get next to that Air Vent and when moving to that Air Vent the Facehugger could use its Sentry Token (if it has got one), or move out of it with its next activation. Furthermore if the Facehugger is hit in the open, he has got a 50% chance that he survives, because of Improved Dodge. And adding to that Sentry only allows you to move or attack not move and attack, so you would have to change the Sentry rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.