Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: New War-game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephen astall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi there,

My name is Stephen and have just set up a kickstarter for a brand new fantasy war-game including huge armies! We need all the help we can muster to make this possible. Our page is – http://kck.st/2pJ4ahv

Feel free to take a look.

Thank you

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joined BGG yesterday? Check.

No information about who you are, or what the game is? Check.

Chance I'll click on that link? Zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen astall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Completely agree Mark first time posting on here and kickstarting so everything bit hectic, heres little bit about us and the game-

My name is stephen and have been wargaming for the last 20 years, collecting and playing with all major miniatures and companies. Often wanting to create my own scenarios,campaigns and rules. Hungry for more and more troops and bigger armies after 7 years of perfection and play testing i decided to create Legions Of War. Nowhere else will you find these size armies, low cost and little set up time.

In a nut shell huge armies and low cost using plastic laser cut miniatures.

Thank you

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Joined BGG yesterday? Check.

No information about who you are, or what the game is? Check.

Chance I'll click on that link? Zero.

A little harsh.

I did click on the link. You've clearly put a lot of work and thought into this game, but - it is not ready. It's obvious you haven't really done your homework on what it takes to run a successful Kickstarter or get a project like this into production. I don't doubt your sincerity, but even in the unlikely event you hit your funding goal, I doubt you'll be able to actually deliver what you're promising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmbmbmb
"Miniatures" is a little generous.

My first impression was that it is a cheaper Warhammer alternative. But so many unanswered questions.

You get quite a bit in the Legion reward for 10 quid - except that it isn't one of the reward options. Is it even a real option? Why are there no close ups of the main troops? How many pages are the rules? Do you need the lorebooks to play with that particular army?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, if I may add, No rules to download to see the game. It does not matter if they are not finished. Whatever you have is good.

You do not specify if the rules are enough to play or if you have to have two faction books to play

The PDF part puzzles me particularly. Exactly what are you offering? The acetate printed armies or the PDF opf the armies to print yoursef?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.