Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I was just wanting to clarify something ...

The victory conditions for the political training vignette are that the winner should have both won the ostracism issue and have the highest oration honor (IIRC).

As it isn't stated anywhere I assume both factions start at 0 honor.

So, just to check, if one of the factions wins the ostracism issue they will automatically have the highest oration honor score as the winner receives +3 honor and the loser -3 honor?

My understanding is that there wouldn't be much point in picking (during the boule segment) or debating other issues as it's ultimately all about the ostracism issue.

As a starting scenario it feels like it should be win the ostracism issue OR have the highest oration honor.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kappa_ap wrote:
Hi, I was just wanting to clarify something ...

The victory conditions for the political training vignette are that the winner should have both won the ostracism issue and have the highest oration honor (IIRC).

As it isn't stated anywhere I assume both factions start at 0 honor.

So, just to check, if one of the factions wins the ostracism issue they will automatically have the highest oration honor score as the winner receives +3 honor and the loser -3 honor?

My understanding is that there wouldn't be much point in picking (during the boule segment) or debating other issues as it's ultimately all about the ostracism issue.

As a starting scenario it feels like it should be win the ostracism issue OR have the highest oration honor.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something ...

As you point out, if you win Ostracism you win. I wanted to avoid the question, "do I win if I have higher Oraation honor?"

Another fail on my part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Friend and I find it more fun if you play the scenario as either win the Ostracism issue or have the Highest Oration honor. If the issue ends up sitting in the middle it may put other issues in play.

In any case its a Vignette, feel free to experiment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hard
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finding it to be a rare case to beat the Demagogue play of Brain Trust on the first debate with around 12 points to prevent Demagogue issue capture. Maybe such was the tough case for Pericles to pull this off in the 5th century, along with everything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm also confused on this one. Since the Aristophanes card frog c puts Ostracism on the 1 space for the demagogues why would the Demagogue's select the issue for debate? If the don't they win the issue and one of the objectives. Am I right on this or am I missing something? It seems that the aristocrat's best case scenario is a tie by having a higher oratory honor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
I'm also confused on this one. Since the Aristophanes card frog c puts Ostracism on the 1 space for the demagogues why would the Demagogue's select the issue for debate? If the don't they win the issue and one of the objectives. Am I right on this or am I missing something? It seems that the aristocrat's best case scenario is a tie by having a higher oratory honor.

They need to win debate, and win it decisively to secure Ostracism. 1 space is barely any advantage, could be contested by Opponent any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.