Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Coman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to use the Hobbit deck suggested in the rule sheet to play through the campaign. I managed to beat the first quest after a couple tries, but so far I'm 0/5 on A Knife in the Dark and pretty frustrated. I learned the hard way after my first attempt to keep the Ringwraiths out of the deck. I had one game where I finally got Sneak Attack and Gandalf to take out Bill quickly, and also got Gildor early, but still lost. Power in their Terror has decimated my allies twice.

I read all of the other strategy threads on here, and unfortunately don't have some of the suggested cards, like Fast Hitch. I did substitute in 2 Miners of the Iron Hills to deal with the conditional attachment treachery. I'll probably try subbing in Son of Arnor and give it a few more tries before giving up and trying dual-handed with a Spirit deck to help with those devastating When Revealed and Shadow effects.

Anyone have luck beating AKitD with just the suggested Hobbit deck, or is it a waste trying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sebastian sebastian
Germany
flag msg tools
I beat it just todays, with the suggested Hobbit deck.
Took me 8 trys and a Little luck with new Card draw, from the Ring.
But it was a great Joy.

Greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.