Subject: When will coal fill the distant market demand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that if there's space on the distant market and a coal mine is built, so long as there's a connection to the market, the cubes will be sold and fill up the track.

But what happens if there's no link between the mine and the distant market when it is built, but then later on the link is completed? I would assume the coal would move as soon as it could, but does it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing happens.
No, it doesn’t.

"Note that if your coal mine is not connected to a constructed port [or a distant market location!] when built but then becomes connected in a later turn you do NOT move cubes from it to the Coal Demand track." (from 2nd edition rules, p. 6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the coal does not move (based on how this ended up going when I last played against more experience players).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is one of the very few thematic disconnects for me in Brass. Coal doesn't get sold when you connect an existing unflipped coal mine to a port space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
Yes, this is one of the very few thematic disconnects for me in Brass. Coal doesn't get sold when you connect an existing unflipped coal mine to a port space.

True, but I thought it added to the timing of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.