Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far in the couple games I've played, we've generally used up the capitol actions pretty quickly. Most of the actions get used up in turn 5 with maybe 1 or 2 spots left which allows turn 6 to happen but we've never made it to turn 7 (or ended the game with capitol spots untaken).

Assuming no extra modules (such as doomsday) is this the same experience others are getting? It seems so far that alot of games can and will end on turn 5 since those capitol spots are so tasty to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope - 2 plays base game with 3/4 players and last round was round 6.

Was close in the 2nd game as no one was truly interested in the breakthroughs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Instagram - @villagemeeple
badge
Instagram - @villagemeeple
mbmbmbmbmb
we did, but the only reason was because one guy forgot to evacuate and so he pushed it to the final round by not doing any actions and so we had one research space left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 plays so far, 3/4 players, all base games. One ended in round 6, the other two in round 7. I believe both of those games had only 1 or 2 research actions remaining in round 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So everyone is able to evac and end the game by turn 5 with your group? you guys must be very focused. that would require everyone in a 4 player game to power up 4 mechs since it would take 3x3 + 3 evacs to end the game on turn 5. We usually go to turn 6,7. Of course thats assuming you all evac I guess someone could choose to end the game and forgo evac.

Are you making sure to lose 2 mech spots after impact? with the exception of the one salvation leader of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
So everyone is able to evac and end the game by turn 5 with your group? you guys must be very focused. that would require everyone in a 4 player game to power up 4 mechs since it would take 3x3 + 3 evacs to end the game on turn 5.

In a 4 player game, it only takes the 9 capital action spaces to be used in order to end the game. The game can end with no one evacuating the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 7 isn't that hard to get to. The Research action isn't particularly attractive and by that point people are usually only powering 1-2 mechs anyway, so clearing 9 spaces is difficult. We do the bulk of our mechs early in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mrdabba wrote:
So everyone is able to evac and end the game by turn 5 with your group?

Keep in mind that Evacuating is not a condition for the game to end. It's entirely feasible to play an entire game - till the end - without anyone evacuating. Is it likely? No. But feasible? Yes.

To the OP's question, I've played several 3/4 player games all the way through to the last Era. Some players have their own reasons for wanting to extend the game as far as they can. While at other times, a player will want to end the game as quickly as they can. Whether or not the group will enable either tactic is very much an independent thing for each game.

And yes, I agree with other comments above, that it's almost always one or two Research spaces that are left at the end, which no one wanted to bother with so late in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gannon Dubay
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I like big boxes and I can not lie.
badge
Rochester, NY - Willing to Play!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice, one 2P and one Solo, and both games lasted 7 eras. Although the Chronobot kicked my butt so I probably wasn't playing very well. The 2P game we got down to just a single research action left, but we were both pushing our luck trying to maximize evac points betting that we would evac before the other player so it pushed all the way out til the final era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Schmidt
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Round 7 isn't that hard to get to. The Research action isn't particularly attractive and by that point people are usually only powering 1-2 mechs anyway, so clearing 9 spaces is difficult. We do the bulk of our mechs early in the game.

If your group is only powering up 1-2 exosuits each per turn after the impact, you should get a fuel engine going and beat them over the fingers. In my plays (granted, mostly 2p, but one 4p), we've been powering up 5-6 exosuits each on pre-impact turns and 3-4 each on post-impact turns.

Now, I've only played with the B-side player boards, and it might be that those make it easier to power up more suits, since most paths have alternatives to using energy cores for that purpose. But still, only a single exosuit for a turn sounds like a crazy bad situation to me…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

If your group is only powering up 1-2 exosuits each per turn after the impact, you should get a fuel engine going and beat them over the fingers. In my plays (granted, mostly 2p, but one 4p), we've been powering up 5-6 exosuits each on pre-impact turns and 3-4 each on post-impact turns.

Now, I've only played with the B-side player boards, and it might be that those make it easier to power up more suits, since most paths have alternatives to using energy cores for that purpose. But still, only a single exosuit for a turn sounds like a crazy bad situation to me…
Yeah. This matches my experience (admittedly only a single play). Afterwards we ended up talking with some more experienced players and everyone seemed to think that it was unlikely that most games would go past 5 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R A.

Sarasota
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
SpecularRain wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Same here, with side A boards, in barely getting to 6 turns and having 3-5 suits going in the post-meteor eras. Pretty much everyone in my group was concerned early about running out of ways to operate exosuits in later turns, perhaps as a result of how crucial maxing out your actions is in other worker placement games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.