Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Pope

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm looking to start (or join if one exists) a local NJ/NY Game Designers Group. If people aren't reasonably local I would also like to facilitate online interactions as needed. The idea would be to get people from the general Tri-State area who have a passion for designing, playing and sharing games and ideas. The group would ideally compromise a wide range of Designers, Developers, Owners, Hobbyists, and people who want to start making, designing or help get ideas on paper. It could be used for networking, meetups, colaborations, Resource sharing and just overall fun and entertainment. Whether you married with kids and only get a few hours a week or if you have all the time in the world this would be a group that everyone could benefit. Let me know if anyone is Interested. I'd love to get this going.

Thanks,

Dan (11thHour)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few different groups around. In my neck of the woods, in Connecticut, we started PACT, the Playtest Alliance of CT. We're mostly active in Fairfield county, New Haven county and Westchester. You can find us on facebook. This weekend is Fantasiticon, a playtest convention at Elm City Games in New Haven.

There's a NY designers meetup, and there are playtesting events every week or two in Manhattan. There are also some active groups in NJ, and a the Dreamation, Dexcon and Metatopia conventions in Morristown that draw from all over the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweetgotham
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I saw pale kings and princes too, Pale warriors, death-pale were they all; They cried—‘La Belle Dame sans Merci Hath thee in thrall!’
mbmbmbmbmb

If you PM me, I can get you the info for the NYC designer group. It's very active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Pope

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been to many conventions I popped into one game show in Morristown but didnt know you had to Presign up for everything so really just walked around. I have to get to more cons. I'm still super noob status. I've designed a lot of stuff and mechanics and stories but just starting to make stuff that can be produced or sold. I just find it hard to do it on my own. Not a lot of people on the Design and creation end near me. And being married with 2 kids under 2 I don't have lots of time to travel to cons and trade shows. I'll probably need to just find people to collaborate projects and share ideas and playtests online. Is there a website that lists all the NJ / NY conventions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Pope

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent a PM ... thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Heath
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aether Game Cafe in Hoboken has a monthly game designers meet up. 7 PM, first Tuesday of every month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.