Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Van Dam
United States
Appleton City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game after watching the youtube show Tabletop. I had never played a Flux game, but it looked like fun and I liked the theme.

Components
This is a card game, and the cards are of good quality. The instructions are short and easy to understand.

Game Play
The object of the game is to complete the goal in play. This is done through attaining keepers, playing effects, and changing the goal. The rules, goals, etc are able to be changed through the play of cards.
The initial rule after the starting hand of three is dealt is draw a card play a card.

Experience
I played this game as a 2 player, and it look 30 to 45 minutes. The game was exactly what it says, constantly in flux and full of little bits of humor. It was a fine distraction, but not great for two players.

I also ended up with a Monty Python themed Flux which after playing decided I liked better, so not particularly wanting two of the same game Star Flux is leaving my collection.

Final Thoughts
Star Flux can be a fun distraction of a game. It is better with 3 or 4 players but more would likely draw the game out too long. I would recommend try before you buy, as this is a filler game that not everyone will enjoy. Also consider which theme is best for you, there are several to choose from.

I rate this game a 6.

UMCR Reviews Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toothpickman wrote:
I bought this game after watching the youtube show Tabletop. I had never played a Flux game, but it looked like fun and I liked the theme.

Components
This is a card game, and the cards are of good quality. The instructions are short and easy to understand.

Game Play
The object of the game is to complete the goal in play. This is done through attaining keepers, playing effects, and changing the goal. The rules, goals, etc are able to be changed through the play of cards.
The initial rule after the starting hand of three is dealt is draw a card play a card.

Experience
I played this game as a 2 player, and it look 30 to 45 minutes. The game was exactly what it says, constantly in flux and full of little bits of humor. It was a fine distraction, but not great for two players.

I also ended up with a Monty Python themed Flux which after playing decided I liked better, so not particularly wanting two of the same game Star Flux is leaving my collection.

Final Thoughts
Star Flux can be a fun distraction of a game. It is better with 3 or 4 players but more would likely draw the game out too long. I would recommend try before you buy, as this is a filler game that not everyone will enjoy. Also consider which theme is best for you, there are several to choose from.

I rate this game a 6.

I would say of all the Flux games, its probably one of the better ones, but if you don't like Flux, then this isn't going to get you to like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Van Dam
United States
Appleton City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree. Fluxx is definitely a play before you buy game. It is also a game I might introduce and if it is disliked by anyone we'll stop and move onto another game. The random element in this game is heavy and not enjoyed by everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.