Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Exit: The Game – The Secret Lab» Forums » General

Subject: Any reason not to copy and enlarge the book? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Is there any reason not to colour photocopy and enlarge the pages of the book before playing this or any other exit game?

I ask because I can imagine the people I'll play with are likely to enjoy it more if we don't have to flip back and forth - and can all look across the table at larger prints all laid out.

Book as printed looks fiddly.

Obviously if there is a reason not to do this I'd prefer not to know what it is - just that there is one.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason - this is actually a grand idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do it!

First thing I did each time we played was take out the staples so we could pass the pages around individually.

Having a 2nd copy of everything is great idea.

I think I'll start doing that on future versions.

I always have my handy magnifying glass on hand for escape rooms as sometimes things need a little enhancement for these aging eyes but this might work even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Colombia
flag msg tools
Color photo copy is fine. But do not change the page size. Doing so would make at least 2 puzzles unsolvable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FoldedCash wrote:
Color photo copy is fine. But do not change the page size. Doing so would make at least 2 puzzles unsolvable.

I would still enlarge it.

Scott is correct, however, I don't think he plans to not use the original while playing.

I think having an enlarged copy will allow things to be seen more clearly, etc. but if you have to measure something or cut up pages, etc, you use the original.

Maybe make 2 copies, one larger and one same size, so that you have a copy to pass it along to others when done playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
FoldedCash wrote:

Maybe make 2 copies, one larger and one same size, so that you have a copy to pass it along to others when done playing.

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So we did this, it worked well, more than anything it meant nobody was afraid to damage our only copy of a thing when they weren't sure if they were doing it right.

As others mentioned, you need to have the original to hand occasionally, and that also helps if two people want to look closely at the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.