Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
hi guys,
after an exhausting year producing Battlestations: Second Edition, I am finally wrapped on that project and ready to proceed with the expansion for Chaosmos.

I have about 10 people I've communicated with about testing. If you GMed me and I have not responded, please do so again as I had been using the BGG app and some of my responses got lost in the ether. If you would like to be a playtester then GM me and we'll get rolling on it.

I seek a somewhat private forum for our testing group and I want your suggestions. We could use Google Docs or we could make a reddit thread or BGG forum. However, my preferred system is Slack. I like the immediacy of a chat like system. Basically you decide which days and hours you want to be "active" and then messages are posted to each chat window of various topics, like "battle reports" or "card discussion.". I have a very chaotic brain and I personally love how Slack's notifications are as subtle or in-your-face as needed. So I am actually going to be setting this up today unless I get a better suggestion. Email chains don't work for me as I get too many emails and I am bad at prioritizing them.

I think I will be charging a $10 fee for playtesters. There are two reasons for this: 1. Each copy costs me about $15-$20 in xerox and card printing fees, plus I want the cards I mail you to look finished and match the real cards (for players who don't use card sleeves) and that costs money. Second, it weeds out people who won't actually take the testing seriously. That being said, for the $10 you will get a massive amount of expansion material and you will be thanked in the credits. Any genius ideas you come up with will receive a very special prize. The playtesters who are serious about testing will also get the final expansion when it is released. If you can't afford the $10 then GM me and I am willing to send a print and play pdf (instead of a boxed expansion) but only to people who have a track record of recording plays, posting in this forum, or writing reviews of the game.

What do you guys think? I am so excited about this.

joey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably doesn't matter now, but:

Not a big fan of Slack. It's just a stream of consciousness, it works good as an old school IRC replacement, but it's way too chaotic and fragile/ephemeric to sustain organized talks. At least it was, until recently, because I hear they've introduced threaded chats, so that might be something. I can adapt, I've been using it almost since the beginning.

From experience of being tester of other games, the common picked tool is Google Groups, basically granting you an easy way to setup private forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Jones
Canada
flag msg tools
Totally interested in testing for you Joey. But I'm in B.C. that's west coast of Canada if you did not know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Hamtzany
msg tools
I must accept the fact that I don't have much time to play so I can't really play test, but I'd love to be able to review the new cards and mechanics and add my 2 cents.

I know its a long shot and you probably have enough people to do that, but in case you need one more please think of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
sure, can you GM me your email address? Download Slack and we'll get rolling in a couple weeks.

j

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.