Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Avner Dagan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

Still learning this great game system and have one more question:

1. If a group of tanks are initially unspotted, are given a move order and complete their movement entirely out of LOS from the enemy, do you still have to place a spot/move counter on them? To place it another way, if their move is completed entirely out of LOS of the enemy, do I still need to place a spot/move counter on them?

I would assume that you do not, because if the entire movement occurs outside the LOS of the enemy, they should not benefit from increased spotting on the following turn, even if the enemy ends its movement turn within LOS of my units.

Thank you everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mb
BG 4.5.1 SPOT/MOVE markers are placed regardless of line of sight to/from enemy units. To reflect the semi-simultaneous nature of movement the SPOT/MOVE marker is not removed until the next Spotting Phase if, at that time, there is no enemy combat unit in LOS (BG 4.1.5). Hope this helps. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to say yes you still do from memory, because of the semi-simultaneous nature of the turn but quoting an actual rule is 10 times better.

Thanks for posting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pessimist wrote:
BG 4.5.1 SPOT/MOVE markers are placed regardless of line of sight to/from enemy units. To reflect the semi-simultaneous nature of movement the SPOT/MOVE marker is not removed until the next Spotting Phase if, at that time, there is no enemy combat unit in LOS (BG 4.1.5). Hope this helps. Cheers.

Roberto, perfect answer and thanks for quoting the rules reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.