D. R.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Just played my first game of CoB last night and loved it!

So I took the suggestion of someone on the forum to simply store the six side tiles in the box like the following:

- Pastures / Knowledge / Buildings in one section
- Castles / Mines / Ships in one section
- All black depot tiles in one section
- Workers / Silverlings in one section

This worked great as it saved me a ton of time in having to take all tiles out, sort by color, and stack them upside-down. Instead, we'd just blindly grab and place them out quickly without looking at them beforehand.

However, my question is this: Once we clear the unchosen six sided tiles off the board at the end of a phase, should we dump them back into their respective section (thus putting them back into the pool)? Or should we clear them off to the side - keeping them out of the pool - and then just put them back at the end of the game when packing it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Put them to the side. They should not re-enter the pool. Once they're gone, they're gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mayes
United States
Litchfield Park
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put em back in at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
put your castles, mines, ships, workers, silver in a little box and use the compartments for each type of tile that needs to be randomized. time saver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DUANE PLATT
United States
Spring Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
Brilliant, Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We even only use two compartments for the six-sided tiles: one for the blacks, the big one for the rest. Works very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
What we're doing is to put face down stacks of tiles for the whole game on the board before we start.
It adds a little to initial setup time but there's no downtime between the rounds and we avoid separate "to use" tiles stacks.
Just discard to the box any face up tokens and flip the next one on each stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only ever have two stacks of stuff.

One for the six-sided tiles and 1 for everything else.

At the end of a game, I just hold the end of the box at the edge of the table (longways so the big gully compartment is closest to the table) and simply scoop all the six-sided tiles off the table into it.

Then I turn the box around and do the same for workers, squares, silverlings.

At the start of a game I just grab all the stuff in the respective compartments and dump it in two separate piles on the table, my wife takes about a minute to flip the six-sided stuff over whilst I flip the square tiles. We leave workers and silverlings in same pile.

This is the quickest setup and pack away you can get with the only time taken is flipping tiles at the start which is a lot less than faffing about sorting them into different categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
We have small bags. Each person grabs a bag and refills a type.

The leftovers are sorted and returned to the bag at the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome, thanks for the responses everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.