9 Posts

Pax Porfiriana» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stealing Extorting Troops Into Ones Hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Black cards "Conspiracy" (Madero's Amnesty / Emiliano Zapata) allow one to steal an opponent's troop into ones hand.

If that troop was extorting, does the following rule (from G) apply?

"If leaving an enterprise you are extorting, convert the Extortion Cube back into the color of the player who owns the enterprise."

That is, the Extortion Cube of the stolen troop is returned to former owner and the formerly extorted enterprise gets a cube of the enterprise's owner.

In researching this, I found a post by Martin that suggested that perhaps these cards could not be used against troops in a Private Army.

I am not sure that I understand why this limitation might exist, and I don't think that I've seen it discussed or confirmed elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edit: removed foolish answer to avoid future confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozjesting wrote:
The card you are asking about steals an extorting troop. Period. Private army should not even be in the discussion as once they are private army they are not extorting troops.

Disobedience of the Generals allows you to steal an extorting troop by swapping cubes (the troop card does not go into your hand).

But I was asking about the following:

Madero's Amnesty: Steal an opponent's Troop into your Hand.

Emiliano Zapata: Steal an opponent's non-U.S. Troop into your Hand.

The text on neither of those cards indicates a limitation to extorting troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. Apologies. One (me) should really read more carefully. I got caught up in the extortion thing

I am a yucata player. I have never seen a prompt that allowed a private army to be stolen when using those cards. I am not aware if the definition changes when moved to private army (which is exactly your question).

I, like a private army, shall withdraw from the battleground until I have more relevant intelligence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Glossary does have this in in under Private Army.

• A Private Army is immune to being stolen by a conspiracy ([150] and [157]).

Not sure if RL version has card numbers. May be a yucata identify convention. But it does sound like it answers your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozjesting wrote:
The Glossary does have this in in under Private Army.

• A Private Army is immune to being stolen by a conspiracy ([150] and [157]).

Not sure if RL version has card numbers. May be a yucata identify convention. But it does sound like it answers your question.

Yes, that's it - thank you!

Looks like it was added since my last download of the living rules, which was on 19 October 2016.

The first page still says July 3, 2016, so it's sometimes hard to keep up. (Time for another download.)

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that from the rules page on yucata. I know nothing about living rule book. But assume yucata use it

Have Fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
But an extorting army isn't the same as a private army, is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
But an extorting army isn't the same as a private army, is it?

No.

If you steal an extorting troop, you treat it exactly as if the extorting troop was removed any other way.

These cards can't be used on a private army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.