4 Posts

Pax Porfiriana» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solitaire: Can Diaz assassinate partners? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A P
msg tools
mbmbmb
The solitaire rules state that Diaz will play black and orange cards to steal gold and incite unrest.

However, can he also use the event/action text of these cards? For example, can he play Pancho's Coffee to assassinate one of my partners?

There doesn't seem to be mention of such situations in the rules, but if would be nifty (and terrifying) if he were inclined to do such things .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there was a clarification that if he can do something bad to you, he does it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The living rules says the following: "If it is an Orange or Black card, Díaz plays it against you to steal gold or inflict Unrest, if possible. If you have no valid target, he plays it for strawman actions against his own partners/enterprises if possible. Discard if not playable."

This makes it sound like he would assassinate his own partner for strawman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is what I was wondering; it sounded like Diaz would play the Orange and Black cards against the player to only steal or cause unrest, but failing that, would use the card against himself for the strawman effect.

In other words, assassinate his own partner but not mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.