8 Posts

Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Corn cost for placing workers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grace Holley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I played the game for the first time yesterday and have one question about the cost of playing workers.

Do you pay the additional corn for the total number of workers you have out or the total played that turn? The rule book says you pay for the number of workers placed which we assumed meant total workers we had on the gears from previous turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only have to pay the cost for the workers you put into play that turn. You don't have to pay for the ones already on the gears
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace Holley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Awesome,thanks!

That would explain some of our corn problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Winter
United States
Farmington Hills
MI - Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
littlesylar wrote:
That would explain some of our corn problems.

As long as you don't expect that to solve *all* of your corn problems. Because that's not going away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We evolved an additionl "house rule" (more like house etiquette) that corn for placing a worker is payed out immediately as workers are placed (from column 2 plus the space), and no backsies. Speeds things up quie a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlowStr8 wrote:
We evolved an additionl "house rule" (more like house etiquette) that corn for placing a worker is payed out immediately as workers are placed (from column 2 plus the space), and no backsies. Speeds things up quie a bit.

That forces you to remember which workers are newly placed this turn. Seems like it could cause problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Grace,

Hope you enjoyed the game. If it helps, I created CGE's official rules video on how to play the game. Recommend maybe watching it just to check that you got everything correct. And if you get stuck, feel free to ask me anything (I'm UK based)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
PlowStr8 wrote:

If you are saying what I think you are saying, then that is one way to do it.
On the player board are two costs. One showing how much you pay in total, and the other showing how much you pay incrementally.
For example: You place Worker 1 on a "2" space. You pay 2 corn.
You place your next Worker on a "1" space, but its your second worker, so you pay +1 corn - you pay 2.
Then you place your 3rd Worker on a "3" space, but it says "+2" on your player board, so you pay 5.
Total cost 9.

Or, you can place all 3 workers, and say "I placed on a 2, 1, 3 for 6 corn. And then according to my player board, placing 3 workers costs me 3 corn extra - a total of 9.

Different people prefer it different ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.