Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stuible
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spellweaver:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
For her lvl9 card with dmg to all enemies and allies in the same room. When you stand at the tile of the door - are you in both rooms? Or in none? Or in the new?

Triangels:
Elementalist: The card Chain lighting. When do you get disadvantage? Only for the first aim when it stands next to you? Or for every aim after the first which is standing next to the enemy the chain light comes from? Or all enemys next to you?

ancient artillery
When a char is standing next to them with the lowest initiativ number. Does they attack this person or another (with the next lowest ini) because they avoid disadvantage?

sry for my english ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Scholz
Germany
Gütersloh
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alleserik wrote:
Spellweaver:
For her lvl9 card with dmg to all enemies and allies in the same room. When you stand at the tile of the door - are you in both rooms? Or in none? Or in the new?

Triangels:
Elementalist: The card Chain lighting. When do you get disadvantage? Only for the first aim when it stands next to you? Or for every aim after the first which is standing next to the enemy the chain light comes from? Or all enemys next to you?

ancient artillery
When a char is standing next to them with the lowest initiativ number. Does they attack this person or another (with the next lowest ini) because they avoid disadvantage?

sry for my english ^^

I can't comment on the first two questions but enemies always attack their focus, which in this case would be the adjacent character with lowest initiative. Before attacking the monster would try to avoid disadvantage but not to the degree that it would switch target. In case of the ancient artillery it would attack with disadvantage since it can't move away from the focus.
(This should be the same case as with normal ranged monster that is surounded. I think there are some examples of this case in different threads specifically about how monsters move.)

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sundown
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alleserik wrote:
Spellweaver:

Triangels:

ancient artillery

sry for my english ^^

Snooches wrote:
I can't comment on the first two questions...

I'll give it a shot:

Spellweaver:
Technically speaking, since you're standing on a door tile (corridor), you're not standing in any room at all, therefore none.

Triangle:
As always, all enemies adjacent to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree that a door tile between two rooms is not in any room.

You only get disadvantage when performing a ranged attack on an enemy adjacent to your character.

Monsters will focus the closest figure in the described situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Holland

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if we've ever gotten clarification on Door Tiles being part of a room...

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's part of the room that was revealed when the Door was opened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
CrushU wrote:
I don't know if we've ever gotten clarification on Door Tiles being part of a room...

If I had to guess, I'd say that it's part of the room that was revealed when the Door was opened.
The biggest hint I've seen either way is Kickstarter scenario #10.

Spoilers for that scenario:
At one point, it says to remove a room tile from the board. In this case, the door hex is not removed, as proved by subsequent instructions saying to put an obstacle on the door tile.

This makes me think it's not part of any room.

The idea that a door is part of the room revealed seems arbitrary. There are many scenarios where the room revealed could be different depending on the route you took through the scenario. I don't agree with the idea that the door is part of one room in my playthrough but part of a different room in another's playthrough.

Not to mention, what about when a door is opened and both rooms are already revealed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Frey
Germany
flag msg tools
There is now an official answer to the question whether door tiles count as part of a room: they don't https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27633211#27633211

aflorin wrote:
Heard back from Isaac with answers to some open questions:

If you are standing in a doorway, are you considered within both rooms, within neither room, or you choose one?
You are in a doorway; you are in neither room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.