Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: What happens to ICE? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ka holloway
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm brand new to Netrunner and have played once, but have a question. I'm sure that I'll have more too. When CORP has a server in place behind ICE and the runner scores that card, what happens to the ICE? Also if the CORP scores the card, the question would be the same. Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
The ICE stays in front of the server in its current state (rezzed or unrezzed). The server still exists after the Agenda is scored or stolen and the corp can install a new card in it. The exception is, when there is no ICE protecting the server, then the server ceases to exist when there are no more cards installed in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ka holloway
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ok, when you say server, do you mean space behind the ICE? The way I understand it is that the server is established by placing an agenda or an asset. I also thought that the agenda or asset, when once scored was placed in the scored area, thus removing it from play. Is that correct? If so, are you saying that the blank space behind the ice (where the agenda/asset) once was stays open as a server and another agenda/asset can be put in it's place? Sorry...as I said before...I'm new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
That is right. You can also play ice in front of an empty server.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ka holloway
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Excellent, thanks for the info that helps a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ICE melts, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
The ICE melts, of course.

Global warming from powering all those computers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.