United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only ks'd 2 other games over the years, and I am thinking of ks'g Tricorne. How reliable has Compass Games been in earlier ks projects? Don't want to assume the worst, but I have no reference point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrelson wrote:
I have only ks'd 2 other games over the years, and I am thinking of ks'g Tricorne. How reliable has Compass Games been in earlier ks projects? Don't want to assume the worst, but I have no reference point.

I might be wrong but I get the impression that this is their first go at Kick Starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
I also believe this is their first Kickstarter. However, Compass Games has been in existence for a number of years and have successfully published a number of hex/chit wargames. You can check them out here: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/3929/compas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is their first Kick Starter. Compass has always been reliable on publishing their games and also their magazine. I don't think there will be a big delay on this one. I pre-ordered Tricorne before it went on Kick Starter, and I am expecting it to come out on time or within a few weeks of the target publication date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks.
I suppose I can always help their first ks be more successful then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no doubt that this game will get delivered.

The KS is being run as a pre-sale.

You could roll the dice and hope enough units make it to online stores at a better price than the KS... and get free shipping at the $100 mark...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo In other words, this is a 'minor' effort, comprising pretty much only the basic design and components, as opposed to a more complex one (such as those of CMON) with many, many extras and add-ons, involving lots more money. There's not much risk here, since they are just KSing what they are producing anyhow. I think they are just trying to reach a wider audience with their 'normal' product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.