United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. A station master tile allows you to perform either the "remove a hazard" action, free of charge or the "trade with Indians" action when taken.

If I only have $2 and the only Indian tile left is on the -$3 space, can I still take it and pay what I have?

2. Does building 8b copy the risk actions of an adjacent building?

From the manual
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Risk actions:
"...the risk action becomes part of that tile's local actions and thus can be performed by its owner each time she reaches that location."

Building 8b:
"Copy the local actions of one adjacent building tile. It does not matter if that building tile is neutral or if it belongs to you or even another player."

3. Can I pay $2 and move my train 1 space or 0 spaces using auxiliary action #4 ("Pay 2 Dollars and move your engine 2 spaces forward"), granted I landed on a building with the double auxiliary local action or use the immediate action on an objective card.

From the manual
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Move your train on the Railroad track:
"You may always choose to move your engine fewer spaces forward than allowed."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. You would need the whole $3 to take that teepee.

2. I could see this working either way. Hopefully Alex will let us know the answer.

3. Yes, you may move less than the allotted movement. You could spend the money and not move your train if, for example, you wanted to use your last $2 so you don't have to pay it to an opponent for a hand on their building that you would cross next turn.

However, if you had moved into a train station to block it but did not upgrade the station when you first got there, you could NOT use this action to "move" 0 spaces on a future turn and then upgrade the station. Instead, you would have to use an action to move forward and another action to move backward to enter the station again so that you could upgrade it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe dagostino
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by #3. What building could a train move to with double aux local? Do you mean cowboy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:

2. I could see this working either way. Hopefully Alex will let us know the answer.

3. Yes, you may move less than the allotted movement. You could spend the money and not move your train if, for example, you wanted to use your last $2 so you don't have to pay it to an opponent for a hand on their building that you would cross next turn.

However, if you had moved into a train station to block it but did not upgrade the station when you first got there, you could NOT use this action to "move" 0 spaces on a future turn and then upgrade the station. Instead, you would have to use an action to move forward and another action to move backward to enter the station again so that you could upgrade it.

Everything correct.
Regarding 2: Yes, the risk action becomes part of that tile's local actions and therefore is copied as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
DrumPhil wrote:

Everything correct.
Regarding 2: Yes, the risk action becomes part of that tile's local actions and therefore is copied as well.

So that building then has 2 risk actions? Its own and the one copied? (Just to be sure, it seems obvious to me, but want to make sure).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeydag2011 wrote:
I'm confused by #3. What building could a train move to with double aux local? Do you mean cowboy?

You are correct. I meant if I moved my cattleman to a building with the local double auxiliary action, like neutral buildings D & G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I wasn't sure and didn't see any examples, so I just let the player take it.

Quote:

We were clear on how the train stations work. Every action that grants train movement greater than one space except for that double axillary reads "move your train up to". I was curious whether this particular instance of train movement was an exception to "you may always choose to move your engine fewer spaces forward than allowed." I figured it worked the same way as the rest and was just a small oversight in the (overall great!) manual. [/q]

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belcamp
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
[Everything correct.

Thank you for the clarification and the game. The theme really comes through for me and I've really enjoyed my plays. It has a permanent spot in my collection.

DrumPhil wrote:
So that building then has 2 risk actions? Its own and the one copied? (Just to be sure, it seems obvious to me, but want to make sure).

Even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BraveSirPatrick wrote:
1. A station master tile allows you to perform either the "remove a hazard" action, free of charge or the "trade with Indians" action when taken.

If I only have $2 and the only Indian tile left is on the -$3 space, can I still take it and pay what I have?

BraveSirPatrick wrote:
Quote:

I wasn't sure and didn't see any examples, so I just let the player take it.

This is answered in the paragraph on the lower left of page 6: (Emphasis mine)

Quote:
Very important: If you cannot pay for some or all of the hands along your path, you are still allowed to move. is means that if your cattleman moves to or passes over a location whose fee you cannot pay, pay as much as you can and continue as usual. You never have to pay fees retroactively, even if you receive money while still at a location whose fee you could not pay before. This only applies to fees levied by hands. All other costs and requirements in the game must always be paid/met in full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.