Hide
5 Posts

Pericles: The Peloponnesian Wars» Forums » General

Subject: League base vs City State base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zach larue
msg tools
What are the advantages, if any, of converting a league base to a city state base?

This question came up as we were playing a learning game this weekend and I had to admit I didn't know the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sloop hmsstarling
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One advantage is that if you are at peace, a Delian League base in Boeotia can be converted to an Athenian base with the Citizenship issue that plays before the Theater phase putting a block on Spartans moving into Boeotia and beyond into northerly theaters. This could apply to other theaters as well obviously, but Boeotia is in a choke point so it can be especially valuable there.

If you are at War, or will be going to War with an Assembly phase issue, the base conversion won't matter because the Spartans aren't blocked by Athenian units being in theater first.

Also, the two Honor points for conversion using Citizenship or League issues may be worth doing aside from any other advantages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zach larue
msg tools
Ah, I see. It's used as a blocker in peace. That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, isn't there an issue that lets you convert a league base to the opposite faction, but not a city state one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A city state base allows Spartans to redeploy there so there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.