Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know anywhere that Mr DuBarry says how he got the idea for this game? Also, how much research did he have to do?

Any info would be nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brusky
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't talk about the origins of the theme with Philip. Hopefully he'll find this and let us all know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apegamer wrote:
We didn't talk about the origins of the theme with Philip. Hopefully he'll find this and let us all know!

I was hoping maybe he said something in an interview or a blog or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to answer!

I was reading a book (possibly something by Malcom Gladwell) in which rice production was described in great detail. It immediately sounded like a game to me! So began an investigation into how rice is grown. Eventually, I also decided to throw in material from Bali mythology and religion. A 90-minute game about watching grass grow! My Dad still can't believe this worked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:
Happy to answer!

I was reading a book (possibly something by Malcom Gladwell) in which rice production was described in great detail. It immediately sounded like a game to me! So began an investigation into how rice is grown. Eventually, I also decided to throw in material from Bali mythology and religion. A 90-minute game about watching grass grow! My Dad still can't believe this worked!

oh wow- thank you for answering! You must have done a fair amount of research for the spirit cards?

Your Dad should have more faith- one of the things I love is that it's a 'peaceful' game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.