Jump Drive» Forums » Variants

Subject: Best SOLO Variant ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variant [+] [View All]
James Boutilier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it looks like there are a number of nice Solo Variants already.

I'm wondering -- Which do people find is the Most Engaging, Offers the Most Decisions ? and if deciding one with an AI, which offers the more dangerous or active AI ?

Thanks !
(I'm buying just for solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I haven't seen the solo variants yet but having played a few times now, it is _practically_ a solo game already, and don't mean that in a mean way. Some games are just like that.

This game provides even less opportunity to deny opponents cards they want, which many other multiplayer solitaire games do allow for.

I think you could just take out the trade pact and military propaganda cards (these are the ones that I remember involving counting the _other_ guys stuff into your score), and ignore the "per other player's [x]" part of the big scoring cards, and otherwise play exactly by the rules. Just try to maximize your score.

(Given some of the scoring opportunities are removed in this version, maybe play with an endgame trigger at 45 points instead of 50.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been really enjoying the solo campaign rules. They make you play differently game to game, and seem reasonably challenging.
Always playing to 7 rounds also allows some incredibly fun games where everything falls into place, and you end up with 134 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
smithmeg wrote:
I've been really enjoying the solo campaign rules. They make you play differently game to game, and seem reasonably challenging.
Always playing to 7 rounds also allows some incredibly fun games where everything falls into place, and you end up with 134 points

What are the solo campaign rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
smithmeg wrote:

What are the solo campaign rules?

Jump Drive Solo Campaigns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gustavo ag
msg tools
mb
Hi, here a Solo Variant, tell me what you think

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1838839/jump-drive-solo-var...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gustavo ag
msg tools
mb

Gustavo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gustavo ag
msg tools
mb

Gustavo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.