Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
So on the topic of spoilers...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Swap ability.

I presume it works on anything with hit points.

So an obstacle with hit points could be swapped from one end of the dungeon to the other..

There are two level 1 ability cards which I think are functionally the same here.
Swap any two monsters.
Edit for correct text: Swap any two Enemies.
Swap any two figures.

Though a normal obstacle could not be swapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't think an obstacle is a "figure" whether it has hit points or not. The Monster bit is a little more ambiguous since it is "considered an enemy for ability purposes" and can be effected by forced movement. It all seems counterintuitive though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
mfaulk80 wrote:

The Monster bit is a little more ambiguous since it is "considered an enemy for ability purposes" and can be effected by forced movement. It all seems counterintuitive though.

Oops. The card says enemies not monsters. Which makes the counter-intuitive answer seem more correct. I've edited the original text for clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean... I wouldn't consider an obstacle an enemy or a figure. But that's a personal ruling. Perhaps if the obstacle could attack or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
I mean... I wouldn't consider an obstacle an enemy or a figure. But that's a personal ruling. Perhaps if the obstacle could attack or something...

FAQ wrote:
Are obstacles with hit points considered enemies? Can they poisoned, wounded, etc.?
Obstacles with hit points are technically considered enemies for all ability purposes, but they are immune to all negative conditions.

I think the faq disagrees with your interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.